On popular demand, Creative Writing Expert Ayesha from our team, brings to you in this article All You need to know about MICAT Creative Writing; tips and tricks which will help you score high and differentiate yourself from other aspirants who apply for the Mecca of Creativity and Strategic Marketing, MICA. Without any further delay, let us see what Ayesha has to share (an interactive first person account) with you all about MICAT Creative Writing.
MICAT Creative Writing
The mantras to ace MICAT creative writing (Story writing)
- I can’t stress enough on this! Stick to one particular tense and one particular protagonist. You cannot start a story in first person and then suddenly switch to third person narrative.
- Introduce characters! Without characters your story is going to end up as drab! You don’t want that, do you? Sensible, spunky, or meaningful dialogues between the characters.
- Tension and conflict between characters should be created if you are at ease with the given pictures! It can be internal or external. You can create conflict You should balance these opposing forces to keep the reader interested in the story and anxious to see how it will be resolved.
- Add details! About the location, the background, the characters! The story is your canvas! Build it.
- Talk about how the character feels. You cannot make it boring by adding details such as “she wore a red skirt”. C’mon! Do better. Talk about the way the red skirt reminded the passerby of the red lily back in his childhood home. You get the point?
- Do not go overboard with the vocabulary. You are preparing for MBA exams. The examiners already know you’re reading Normal Lewis. You Do not have to be a thesaurus in motion. Lucid, yet expressive, with excellent grammar is the best bet.
- Be quick. Be creative. Be original. Do not try to copy one of those templates that your coaching class would provide or one of those Facebook groups would provide. Remember, as MICA aspirants, you’re supposed to be creative, not just part of the herd.
- When in doubt about the provided pictures, go for the “Rule of 3 tier structure”
TOP CAT COURSES TOP NMAT COURSES TOP IIFT COURSES SUCCESS STORIES
Facebook Twitter Google Plus