XIMB Final Placement Report 2017
XIMB has established itself as one of the premier B schools of the country, attracting and encouraging the top talent having best of both – business acumen and thought leadership. It has always been a name to reckon with when it comes to fostering talent for the ever-dynamic business world. Matching the aspirations of this elite pool with the distinguished organizations of their dreams is one of the achievements, XIMB has always been proud of. Continuing with this grand heritage, the institute has scaled to even greater heights as witnessed during this year’s final placement process, Xuberance ’17.
MBA (Business Management) 2015 – 17
• Xuberance ‘17 saw the batch of 360 candidates, participating in the placement process
• 102 companies participated in Xuberance ‘17 of which 60 were new recruiters
• More than 50% increment in the number of recruiters
• 35% increment in the number of PPO/PPIs offered to the students
• The highest domestic salary stood at Rs. 21 Lakhs per annum
• The average annual compensation stood at Rs. 13.18 Lakhs per annum
• The median annual compensation stood at Rs. 13.02 Lakhs per annum
• The average compensation for the top 50% of the batch stood at Rs. 15.47 Lakhs per annum
• The median compensation for the top 50% of the batch stood at Rs. 14.84 Lakhs per annum
Major recruiters like CBC, Deloitte, PwC, TCS, Godrej, Tata Steel, L&T, SBI Group, Maruti Suzuki, Bluestar, ICRA, Emami, Bajaj Auto and Idea strengthened their relationship with XIMB. New bonds were formed with corporates like Axis Bank, GMR, MRF, Mu Sigma, IOCL, Hero Motocorp, VMware, Religare, Standard Chartered Global Business Services to name a few – a testament to the growing brand equity of the institute. The profiles offered varied in their diversity, encompassing Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Strategic Consulting, Equity Research, Marketing, Sales and Distribution, Supply Chain Management, Customer Relations, Business Consulting, IT Consulting and Business Development.
The Marketing area lived up to its ever-rising expectations with recruiters like L’Oréal, Nestle, Bajaj Auto, Tata Steel, UHG, Maruti Suzuki, Times Group, HSIL, Idea Cellular, BPCL, Vedanta and many more, making their presence felt by recruiting almost 35% of the batch.
The Consulting area also continued its constant growth with 30% of the students having forayed into this field, demonstrating the rich consulting acumen of the students of XIMB. Deloitte, PwC, Cognizant Business Consulting, Ernst & Young, TCS, IBM, Tiger Analytics etc. were some of the major recruiters offering roles in Business Consulting.
In the Finance domain, profitable jobs were offered to the students by major financial corporates like Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC, CRISIL, ICRA, HSBC IB, Royal Bank of Scotland, HSBC Analytics, Tata Capital, IIFL, DCB Bank, SBI Group, Standard Chartered Global Business Services and many more, resonating the strong belief of the industry in the financial intellect of the students of XIMB by taking 15% of the students.
The Systems sector, notwithstanding an industry wise shortfall in hiring this year had some of the major IT behemoths absorbing almost 14% of the batch. Major recruiters like HP Enterprise, HCL Technologies, Wipro, Accenture Technology Services, Capgemini, Mindtree, Mahindra Comviva, Infosys etc. offered diversified roles in the IT sector to the young talent of XIMB.
General Management, Strategy and Operations areas also witnessed a growth in recruitments. Renowned conglomerates like Godrej, Larsen & Toubro, GMR and companies like RBS, TASL, Tata Steel, Sarda Group and Total Oil offered lucrative profiles.
MBA (Human Resource Management) 2015-17
India’s rapidly changing economy brings with it a plethora of challenges for the People Managers of tomorrow. This environment favours managers who demonstrate depth in business fundamentals, and are able to map Human Resources into the bigger picture within organizations while performing their traditional roles. The School of HRM of XUB, through its MBA (HRM) program is uniquely positioned in cultivating these essential skills by bringing together faculty, students, and alumni with professional experience across industries and academia. Designed by industry leaders and veterans, the program gives students a holistic exposure through courses in finance, marketing, operations and strategy taught with an HR orientation along with specialized courses in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations.
• Xuberance’17 saw the batch of 120 candidates, participating in the placement process
• 52 companies participated in Xuberance’17, out of which 29 were new recruiters
• The highest domestic salary stood at Rs. 19.75 Lakhs per annum
• The average annual compensation stood at Rs. 12.39 Lakhs per annum
• The median annual compensation stood at Rs. 11.93 Lakhs per annum
• The average compensation for the top 50% of the batch stood at Rs. 13.99 Lakhs per annum
• The median compensation for the top 50% of the batch stood at Rs. 13.60 Lakhs per annum
Major Corporates like Axis Bank, ABG, HCCBPL, GAIL, Tata Steel, ICICI bank, GMR, ACG Worldwide, ITC InfoTech, L&T, L&T Infotech, Godrej & Boyce, Vedanta, IOCL, BPCL, Idea Cellular, Bajaj Auto, MRF, Deloitte Consulting were among the top recruiters of the 2015-17 batch of MBA (HRM).
The Industrial Relations area lived up to its ever-rising expectations with prominent recruiters like Aditya Birla Group, GAIL, Tata Steel, HDFC Life, and many more extending offers to the students. Corporate HR roles were offered by leading organizations like HCCBPL, ICICI Bank, CBC, Sun Pharma, Wipro, Asian Paints and many more.