Banking Awareness Quiz for IBPS
1) The RBI has reduced the benchmark Repo Rate by how many times in year 2015 as on 30 June 2015?
d) None of the above
2) During January 2015 who was named as the first Vice-Chairman of the NITI Aayog (Policy Commission), which replaced Planning Commission?
a) Bibek Debroy
b) Jagdish Bhagwati
c) Arvind Panagariya
d) Arvind Subramaniam
3) During 2015 ING Vysya Bank was merged with which bank resulting in formation of India’s fourth largest private bank?
a) Axis Bank
b) Kotak Mahindra Bank
c) Yes Bank
d) IndusInd Bank
4) What is the correct expansion of AIIB, a multilateral development bank that started its operations from China during 2015?
a) Asian Investment Infrastructure Bank
b) Asian Institute for Infrastructure Banking
c) Asian Investment and Issuance Bank
d) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
5) During July 2015 the RBI allowed mass transit system (MTS) operators like Mumbai Metro, Delhi Metro, Indian Railways, etc. to issue pre-paid cards to their customers. What will be the maximum limit of these prepaid instruments as proposed by the RBI?
a) Rs. 2,000
b) Rs. 5000
c) Rs. 1,000
d) Rs. 10,000
a) 9.1% p.a.
b) 8.5% p.a.
c) 9.2% p.a.
d) 8.9% p.a.
7) Who was appointed as head of a 7-member committee on urban cooperative banks (UCBs) that was constituted in 2015 by the RBI for re-examining and recommending appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the UCBs in the country?
a) P.J. Naik
b) R. Gandhi
c) M.V. Tanksale
d) Joseph Raj
8) The term “Payments Banks” remained in news during the earlier part of year 2015. Why?
a) The RBI accepted applications for setting up this new category of banks in the country
b) The RBI came gave permissions to a few commercial banks to operate as Payments Banks in the country
c) The RBI withdrew its proposed plans to establish this new line of banks to primarily facilitate payments facilities
d) During 2015 the RBI announced merging two proposed categories of banking entities – Payments Banks and Small Banks
9) Which private bank during February 2015 launched first-of-its-kind digital banking service called “Pockets”, which enables users to instantly send money to any e-mail id, mobile number, friends on Facebook and bank account?
a) Ratnakar Bank Limited
b) ICICI Bank
c) HDFC Bank
d) Axis Bank
10) During 2015, the RBI brought into circulation currency notes with the denomination of Re 1. In which year printing of Re. 1 notes was discontinued by the govt. due to higher printing costs?
1) b 2) c 3) b 4) d 5) a 6) c 7) b 8) a 9) b 10) b