With CAT 2018 held on November 25, 2018, IIM Calcutta has released the response sheet of candidates for CAT 2018. The response sheet includes the question paper and answer chosen by the candidates. The official CAT Answer Key 2018 will be released a few days later. With this, it is expected that the unofficial answer keys will also be released.
Last year, IIM Lucknow issued the official question paper and the answer key on December 07, 2018. So, we can expect that the CAT 2018 Answer Key will also be released by the first week of December 2018. The PDF that will be available on iimcat.ac.in will contain a single file having the correct answer against each of the questions.
The CAT 2018 Answer Key will help the candidates in checking the correct solutions of the exam. For more details regarding CAT 2018, Answer Key read the complete article given below.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
IIMs have started the releasing CAT answer key from last year onwards. Here are the tentative dates for the same.
|Exam Date||25 Nov 2018|
|CAT 2018 Answer Key Release||The first week of December 2018|
|Last Date to Raise Objections||The second week of December 2018|
|CAT 2018 Results||The first week of January 2019|
CAT 2018 Response Sheet
Candidates those who have appeared for CAT 2018 can download their Response Sheet from the official CAT login page.
How to download Response sheet?
- Login with the Registration Number and Password.
- In the new window click on “Response Sheet” followed by “click here” to download the response sheet.
- Download the sheet for any future reference.
Details Present in CAT 2018 Response Sheet
- Details of the Candidate
- Question Paper
- Question Number and Id
- Status of the question (answered or unanswered)
- Options marked by the candidates
Importance of CAT 2018 Response sheet
Candidates can download their response sheet in order to crosscheck their response with the answer key. Once the official answer key is released, candidates can use this response sheet.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
The CAT 2018 Answer Key will be released in two different PDFs for Shift 1 & 2. Candidates must download the key according to the shift in which they had appeared for their exam. You can recheck the shift from CAT 2018 Admit Card as well. CAT 2018 Answer Key will consist of the following details.
- Correct Answer will appear green in color with (√) Symbol.
- Incorrect Answer will appear red in color with (X) Symbol.
- Paper Name
- Creation Date
- Total Marks
- Display Marks
- Section Marks, ID etc.
Questions and Sub-Question Detail
- Identity Number
- Question Type
How to Download CAT 2018 Answer Key?
The CAT 2018 Answer Key will be available at the official website iimcat.ac.in. Candidates can download it after its release by following the procedure mentioned below.
- Click on the official link (iimcat.ac.in).
- Use CAT 2018 Login credentials by entering the Registration id and password to access the student dashboard.
- Click on the Answer Key option and select the shift.
- Click on the “Download” option to access CAT 2018 Answer Key in PDF format.
Calculate score after checking CAT 2018 Answer Key
Candidates must check their score after the CAT 2018 Answer Key release. This will help you predict your percentile and select the management institute accordingly.
- +3 Marks for each correct answer
- -1 for every incorrect answer
- No negative marking for Non-MCQ type questions.
Calculation of Overall Marks
Total Marks = Number of Correct Answers x 3 – Number of Incorrect Answers (only for MCQ) x 1
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Number of Non-MCQs||Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension(VARC)||34||10||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning(DI&LR)||32||08||96|
Raise Objections in CAT 2018 Answer Key
After downloading the CAT 2018 Answer Key candidates can raise their objections if there is an incorrect answer. If you find any of the answers wrong, then you can challenge the same within the last day of raising objections. It is advisable that candidates raise their doubts after consulting teachers or other test takers.
The candidates need to pay of Rs. 1000/- per objection. In case the doubt is found valid, the objection fee without transaction cost will be reverted back to the students. The process of raising objections in CAT 2018 Answer Key is as follows.
- Use CAT 2018 Login and access the student dashboard.
- Click on the Objection tab and click on “+” to add your doubts.
- Choose the section, question number, and the type of objection.
- You can select either “None of the option is correct” or “More than one option is correct” or “Given Answer Key is wrong”, choose the suitable option according to your objection.
- If necessary, add the remarks within 500 words.
- Pay the applicable fee and submit the objections.
The significance of CAT 2018 Answer Key
- Candidates will able to calculate their scores before the official announcement of result.
- To some extent, candidates can estimate their percentile in the exam.
- Calculating scores early helps you to select B-schools according to your percentile bracket.
- It also brings transparency in the exam conduction.
What after challenging CAT 2018 Answer Key?
- Once the objection window closes, the exam conducting body will thoroughly scrutinize the objections raised by various students. After proper analysis, the committee will announce its final decision. The final CAT 2018 Answer Key or updated answer key will be released.
- Objection money Refund – If the doubts are found to be valid, candidates will get the refund of objection fees.
- Benefits to all the students – Not only candidates who have raised the doubts but also all the test takers will be benefitted by this.
CAT 2018 Exam Analysis
CAT is always there to throw surprises to candidates in the exam. Since the exam is now over, there were mixed reactions from the students’ side. What was expected from DI&LR section has turned into shock by Quant section this time. English was similar to last year and the overall exam was moderate to difficult.
CAT 2018 Result
CAT 2018 Results will be released in the first week of January 2019. Candidates will receive their overall percentile on their mobile phones. Candidates can download the result from the official website and can use the result to take admission in management institutes.
IIM on the day of the result itself will release the list of the students who will qualify for the next round. This list will available on individual IIM website only. For Non-IIMs, candidates can take admission according to the cut off released by them. It is necessary to fill in the forms of these institutes to take admissions.
CAT 2018 Helpline Number
Official Website: www.iimcat.ac.in
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number: 1-800-209-0830 [Mon- Sat 9:00AM to 6:00PM (excluding National holidays)]