On popular demand we bring to you this one stop page for all the critical information you need for CAT 2018 Exam. You will find it all here – CAT 2018 Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern, Eligibility and more. Bookmark this page and stay tuned with all CAT 2018 Exam updates and How to score high in CAT 2018. CAT 2018 Exam Date is November 25, 2018. You can check out important dates of CAT 2018 HERE.
CAT 2018 Exam is expected to be conducted on Last Sunday of November 2018, or first Sunday of December 2018. Exact date of the exam will be released by the IIM conducting CAT 2018 around the month of September 2018. However, you can begin your CAT 2018 Preparation with an offline coaching or the Best Online CAT Coaching from now on, keeping November as the month of exam in mind.
CAT 2018 Eligibility
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST and PWD/DA category).
- Percentage obtained in bachelor’s degree would be calculated on the basis of practice followed by the concerned university/institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion would be based on the process defined by the concerned university/ institution.
- In absence of any percentage conversion scheme, candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply for CAT.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- CAT 2018 exam is Computer based Test (CBT) of 3 hours duration.
- CAT exam is divided into 3 main sections of 60 minutes each
- The 3 sections in CAT exam 2018 are – Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC); Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR); Quantitative Aptitute (QA)
- There will also be sub sections within the 3 sections in CAT exam 2018 pattern. For example, the revamped CAT exam pattern for VARC consists of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension sub sections; DILR contains questions on Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning.
- Candidates are not allowed to move between one section to other during the 1 hour assigned to the particular section.
- The questions in CAT 2018 exam pattern will be divided into Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) where you need to pick out 1 correct answer choice out of 4; then there are Non-MCQs where you have to type-in the correct answer on the computer screen.
- Each correct answer in CAT exam pattern will be awarded 3 marks whether it is MCQ or Non-MCQ
- Each wrong answer for MCQ in CAT exam 2018 will be imposed penalty of 1/3 negative mark (-1 mark)
- There will be no penalty of negative marking on wrong answers to Non-MCQs in CAT 2018 exam pattern
CAT 2018 Syllabus
- Number System
- LCM and HCF
- Geometry – Straight Line and Circles being the most important
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Progressions (Sequences & Series)
- Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Critical Reasoning
- Para Jumbles
- Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
- English Usage or Grammar
- Para Completion
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Passage
- Summarize the given paragraph
- Verbal Reasoning
- Facts / Inferences / Judgements
- Column Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagrams
- Games and Tournaments
- Logical Sequence
- Logical Deduction
- Logical DI (Combination of data given in DI representation and a logic based caselet)