In a competitive corporate arena, where everyone is looking for opportunities (including MBA Finance Students) to differentiate his/her profile, certifications play a major role to strengthen the profile. This becomes further important when it comes to Finance where competition is even higher as well as it is mandatory for aspiring professionals to continuously enhance their brand value. To facilitate all our readers in the same, after having brought to you Certifications in Marketing to Build Profile, today we bring to you Finance Certifications to build profile.
Financial Risk Management (FRM)
Popularly known as FRM, Financial Risk Management certification is meant for those who love managing risk, money and wish to broaden their knowledge in different types of financial risks. It covers following modules:
- Foundations of risk management
- Quantitative analysis
- Financial markets and products
- Valuation and risk models
- Market risk measurement and management
- Credit risk measurement and management
- Operational and integrated risk management
- Risk management in investment management
- Current issues in financial markets
The exam has two parts FRM Part 1 and Part 2. GARP is the institute which holds highest regard across the globe for FRM.
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is an international professional designation offered by CFA Institute, USA; to financial analysts who complete a series of three examinations. To become a CFA, candidates have to successfully clear three six-hour exams.
These 3 exams are nothing but what is popularly known as L1, L2 and L3. One needs to clear the preceding level to be eligible to take the exam for higher level.
Certificate helps an individual to lay a strong foundation of financial investment analysis and portfolio management skills. It also emphasizes on highest ethical and professional standards being followed by the aspirants.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
CFP Certification comprises a 10-hour multiple choice exam, divided into one four-hour session (Friday afternoon) and two three-hour sessions (Saturday). The exam includes three major case problems and is designed to assess the students ability to apply his or her knowledge of the following areas to financial planning situations:
- General Principles of Finance and Financial Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Employee Benefits Planning
- Investment and Securities Planning
- State and Federal Income Tax Planning
- Estate Tax, Gift Tax, and Transfer Tax Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Financial planning and consulting
Shoot your queries on Certifications in Finance to build profile HERE,
You may also know about Certifications in Marketing to build profile HERE.