IIFT 2019 Important Topics and Tips: IIFT is a national-level management entrance exam conducted annually by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, for admission to its MBA (International Business) program. IIFT 2019 exam will be conducted in the first week of December 2019, in offline mode at around 18 exam centres across India. Through this exam, IIFT Delhi offers seats at its Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campuses. The application process for IIFT 2019 exam will begin from the first week of August 2019. Candidates have to register for the exam through online mode. The tentative last date to fill the application will be in the second week of September 2019. Candidates who qualify the exam will be shortlisted for the subsequent selection process – Writing Test, GD, and PI.
IIFT 2019 Exam Features
|Name of the Exam||IIFT|
|Name of conducting body||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi|
|Category of exam||Post Graduate|
|Exam type||National level|
|IIFT Campuses||Delhi, Kakinada, and Kolkata|
|Duration of exam||120 minutes|
|Pattern of IIFT exam||Multiple choice questions|
|Mode of IIFT exam||Offline|
|Sections in exam||Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability, General Knowledge, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude|
|Seat reservation||As per regulations of the Indian Government|
IIFT 2019: Things to note
- Since IIFT is pen-paper based exam there’s no restriction of time to be spent on each section. You can devote your time to a particular section you find difficult and spend less time on the section you can solve easily.
- Switching between the sections is quite easy and hassle-free.
- The difficulty level of this exam is less than that of CAT.
- The most important point that you must keep in mind while preparing for the examination is that you need to score minimum cutoff marks in every section of the paper apart from the overall cutoff.
IIFT 2019 Important Topics
|Section||IIFT 2019 Important Topics|
|Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation||
IIFT 2019 Preparation Tips
- Quantitative Ability & Verbal Ability sections are concept-driven, which means that the questions depend heavily on the core concepts. It is therefore suggested that you prepare the key concepts in the Quantitative Ability section in a thorough manner.
- Start your preparation with the weaker section. In this manner, you will have sufficient time to get the basic concepts clear and solve a sufficient amount of questions to understand the section and score well in that particular section. Candidates must aim for higher accuracy instead of answering more number of questions with a low accuracy rate.
- If you are getting bored and want to break the monotony, go for an easy section which you know and start practicing it. You will in no time complete your entire syllabus and will have your concepts cleared.
- Inculcate the habit of reading newspapers and good novels. To tackle the Verbal Ability section, one has to focus on improving their reading speed because the paper typically features 3-4 Reading Comprehensions. Also, you should prepare the basics of grammar in order to solve the sentence correction questions. Practice is required to solve usage-based questions like the analogy, fill in the blanks, etc.
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning is practice-intensive. It is advisable to practice different Data Interpretation question types like pie charts, bar graphs, data tables, line charts & combinations.
- General Awareness is an environment-sensitive area and requires familiarity with both static and current components of the environment. For static GK one should focus on topics like history, geography, economics, political system, etc.
- Once you are sure of the concepts and have practiced enough questions related to a particular section, go for mock tests. This will help you to analyze your preparations and you will also get an idea of marks that you may score in IIFT 2019 and accordingly practice hard and improve your weaker sections.
Overall, the IIFT test can be best managed if you follow a three-pronged approach – ensuring concept familiarity, developing application orientation and sharpening test-taking strategies. While familiarity with previous test patterns and cutoffs helps, too much scrutiny of trend analysis may be digressing at times. You need to evolve as a test taker on that day, approach it with an open mind and go with the flow. All the Best!