IIFT 2019 Section-wise Preparation: IIFT is a national-level management entrance exam conducted annually by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, for admission to its MBA (International Business) program. As the IIFT preparation time goes on reducing month after month with every passing day, you need to revisit your IIFT preparation strategy and synchronize it with remaining IIFT preparation time. The IIFT paper has six sections that test the candidates Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, and General Awareness skills. In this article, we bring to you IIFT 2019 section-wise preparation strategies and tips.
IIFT 2019 Exam Features
|Name of the exam||IIFT|
|Name of conducting body||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi|
|Category of exam||Post Graduate|
|Exam type||National level|
|IIFT campuses||Delhi, Kakinada, and Kolkata|
|Duration of exam||120 minutes|
|Pattern of IIFT exam||Multiple choice questions|
|Mode of IIFT exam||Offline|
|Sections in exam||Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability, General Knowledge, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude|
|Seat reservation||As per regulations of the Indian Government|
IIFT 2019 Section-wise Preparation: English Comprehension
English is one of the important sections in all the MBA entrance exams. One cannot take this section lightly at all. English Comprehension section has paragraphs that one needs to read, understand and then answer the questions. To solve this section, one should have reading speed and should be able to observe every detail as he or she reads it. Reading books and newspapers every day will increase the reading speed of the candidate and thus will help in the English Comprehension section.
- Read newspapers to increase reading speed.
- Read more books to have a better vocabulary.
- Solve puzzles.
- Solve mock tests to get the basic idea of the English Comprehension section.
IIFT 2019 Section-wise Preparation: Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation
The Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation sections are moderately tough in the IIFT exam compared to every other management examination. The only tip to crack this section is to practice everything possible.
- Practice mock tests.
- Get a basic idea of the kind of questions asked to get comfortable with the topic.
- Solve a lot of questions of the same type so that one can save time by reading just the data given and the basics of the questions.
IIFT 2019 Section-wise Preparation: Quantitative Ability
This section is very easy to score if one is quick with doing mental calculations. The use of a virtual calculator is not advised as it simply consumes more time. The candidates should first deal with the questions they know and then take time to think about the questions they are unsure as how to solve them. While preparing for this section, candidates should focus on their strengths and practice questions and should keep the weak areas for later.
- While preparing for this section, handle the strong topics and known areas first so that you can ensure full marks in those questions.
- Tackle the weaker sections and topics later if you have enough time before the exam day.
- While appearing for the paper, solve the questions you are completely sure about first and leave the rest for later.
- Mark the questions you think you can answer after giving it sometime and solve them in the end.
- Do not answer the questions you are completely unsure about.
IIFT 2019 Section-wise Preparation: General Awareness
This section is termed to be the most difficult of all the sections as this section has a particular amount of importance and confidence that is required to answer the questions properly. The IIFT GK is more difficult than the GK section in CMAT, MAT and some other management examinations. One can either score very high in this section or very low. There are no calculations required in this section so saving time is easy and important. One has to read yearbooks and newspapers daily to answer the general knowledge section in the IIFT examination.
- Buy and read yearbooks as old as 2014 at least.
- Read newspapers every day to be able to answer the current affairs, general knowledge questions.
- Save time by answering only those questions that you are completely sure about.
- If you can eliminate two options out of the four options given to you, then it is advised to answer that question as well.
Stay calm and face your fears and focus on improving your strengths and weaknesses. Finally yet importantly, taking care of your personal and mental health is very important. Forget how many months are remaining, rather design weekly plans and plan each day. This is all you need to do. Hope this outline helps. All the Best!