On the basis of the candidates’ performance and IIFT cutoff 2019, IIFT will make a merit list for the subsequent rounds. IIFT Exam was held on December 02, 2018. The written IIFT exam is followed by Group Discussion, Essay Writing, and Personal Interview. IIFT 2018 Results are released on January 15, 2019.
Factors determining the IIFT Cutoff 2019
The IIFT cutoff 2019 that will be declared by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi is dependent on certain factors mentioned as below:
- The number of candidates’ appeared in IIFT Exam.
- The number of candidates’ who clears the management entrance exam.
- The difficulty level of the question paper.
- The total number of seats available at the university.
IIFT 2018 Exam Analysis: Key changes
- Logical Reasoning was found on the easier side than last year.
- GK has remained moderate in IIFT 2018 as compared to the last year.
- Marking Scheme for DI and VA was interchanged.
- Each Correct answer in Verbal Ability to get 0.75 marks instead of 1 mark and each correct answer in data Interpretation to get 1 mark instead of 0.75 marks as that of last year.
- 5 RC Passages followed by 16 questions appeared in the IIFT exam. Passages were considered a little on the lengthier side.
- Data Interpretation questions were calculation intensive.
- Quant was of moderate difficulty.
IIFT Cutoff 2019 for MBA (IB) 2019-21
IIFT Cutoff 2019 for MBA (IB) admission 2019 are based on the IIFT 2018 exam difficulty level, IIFT scoring pattern, the total number of candidates taking the test, and the total intake in the 3 campuses of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). The IIFT 2018 exam analysis reveals that the exam has remained at Moderate to high difficulty level this year.
Overall IIFT Cutoff 2019
|Category||IIFT Cutoff 2019 Male||IIFT Cutoff 2019 Female|
Going by the past trends, cutoffs are higher for Delhi campus followed by Kolkata and Kakinada campuses. The cutoffs could go up or down in accordance with the difficulty level in the exam. The General Category candidates’ cutoffs for male candidates remains at 32.25 marks out of 100. For Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada campuses following sectional cutoffs are expected:
|Section||Total no. of
|Total Marks||Achievable Score||Sectional Cutoff|
|Section 1||General Awareness||18||0.50||10 to 12||1.14|
|Section 2||Reading Comprehension||16||1.00||8 to 9||3.34|
|Section 3||Verbal Ability||20||0.75||10 to 12||2.75|
|Section 4||Quantitative Ability||20||1.00||10 to 12||2.34|
|Section 5||Logical Reasoning||20||1.00||8 to 10||2.36|
|Section 6||Data Interpretation||20||1.00||9 to 10||1.01|
Overall IIFT Campus-wise cutoffs & intake
IIFT shortlists the candidates more than 5 times of the intake at its three different campuses. Accordingly, the cutoffs with intake and number of candidates shortlisted are shared as under:
|IIFT campus||Total intake||Number of candidates shortlisted|
IIFT Cutoff 2019 is based on past trends. Only the candidates above the minimum cutoff in the IIFT 2018 sectional percentile ranks, the overall percentile rank and obtaining a positive (greater than zero) raw score in all sections of IIFT 2018 entrance exam will be considered for the subsequent stages. These are cutoffs used for shortlisting the candidates for final selection round.
IIFT Admission 2019-21 is a two-step process – shortlisting criteria for GD-PI-WAT on the basis of IIFT entrance exam score and the Final admission Selection Criteria based on performance in GD-PI-WAT, Academics, Work Experience and IIFT MBA entrance exam scores.
IIFT Shortlisting Criteria
- The first part of IIFT Admission Criteria is the shortlisting criteria before the final selection round. IIFT will shortlist the candidates on the basis of IIFT 2019 Entrance exam scores for final selection round for MBA (IB) 2019-21 batch.
- The shortlisting by IIFT will be done for all the three IIFT campuses.
- IIFT will decide the minimum section-wise and the overall cutoff in its entrance exam at the time of shortlisting.
- If the candidate does not score minimum prescribed percentile in IIFT 2018 entrance exam, he/she will not be considered for shortlisting for the final selection stage.
IIFT Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in the Final selection round for admission to MBA (IB) 2019-21 at IIFT.
- Final Selection Round will consist of Assessment of Writing Skills, Group Discussion, and Interview.
- It will be applicable equally for admission to Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada Campuses of IIFT.
- On the basis of the performance in GD-PI-WAT, IIFT Entrance test score, Academics, Work experience and other parameters final admission offer will be made to the candidates.
IIFT Admission process for its all the three campuses remains the same. IIFT admission process is based on the IIFT Entrance exam score, academic performance, and performance in the final admission process. Relevant Work Experience is also awarded due weightage in the final selection process at IIFT.
IIFT was established in the year 1963 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry to contribute in the skill building for the external trade sector of India. It has come a long way to successfully develop into a unique institution in imparting knowledge through research and training in International Business. The Institute was granted “Deemed to be University” status in the year 2002. Over the years, IIFT has emerged as the national university with a focus on International Business Management and Strategy.