IIM Amritsar Placements 2019: IIM Amritsar has successfully concluded the final Placement 2019 for its third PGP batch of 2017-19. Highest CTC offered has gone up to INR 21 LPA from INR 17 LPA last year and Domestic Average CTC has increased to INR 12.20 LPA from INR 11.02 LPA last year. 52 companies participated in IIM Amritsar Placements 2019. Not only it has broken its past record and surpassed the salary packages of its second batch but despite the large batch size of 100 students, the institute has achieved 100% placement with much higher offers that many well established top MBA colleges have not been able to achieve. In comparison to last year, there has been substantial growth in key metrics related to the final placements figures. Because of the high interest from the recruiters based out of India, the students found far more opportunities within the country this year.
IIM Amritsar Placements 2019: Highlights
- PGP Batch: 2017-19.
- Batch size: 100 students.
- Average CTC (Domestic) up at INR 12.20 LPA from INR 11.02 LPA last year.
- Highest Domestic CTC up at INR 21 LPA from INR 17 LPA last year.
- 52 Total Companies participated in IIM Amritsar Placements 2019.
- Top Recruiters included Accenture, Apollo Munich, CRISIL, Deloitte, GroupM, HDFC Bank, ICICI Lombard, KPMG, and Motilal Oswal.
IIM Amritsar Placements 2019: Placement Trends
The highlight of this year’s placement was a substantial increase in the Highest CTC offered from INR 17 LPA to INR 21 LPA. In addition, students from the batch received attractive offers. Domestic Average CTC of the batch increased to INR 12.20 LPA from INR 11.02 LPA with an increase of INR 1.08 LPA from the previous year. The median for the present batch also saw a considerable upward increase from INR 10.5 LPA to INR 12 LPA this year.
|Year||Highest (Domestic) CTC (in lakhs)||Average (Domestic) CTC (in lakhs)|
IIM Amritsar Placements 2019: Top Recruiters
- The relevant knowledge, skill, and diversity of the students attracted recruiters from various sectors spanning across all the prominent domains of management including Marketing, Finance, HR, Operations, Consulting, IT analytics and General Management.
- The institute hosted more than 52 recruiters including many first-time recruiters. The prominent recruiters this year included Accenture, Apollo Munich, CRISIL, Anand Rathi, Deloitte, GroupM, ICICI Lombard, KPMG, HDFC Bank, Motilal Oswal, Tata Teleservices, Thomas Cook, Trident and many more.
- In terms of the participation of industry, BFSI, IT/ITES, Consulting, Telecommunications, Consumer Goods, Advertising Media, and others were the major recruiting sectors from the industry.
- The students of IIM Amritsar under the mentorship of IIM Kozhikode performed well in their education. And achieved well-deserved placements proving once again that IIM Amritsar stands differently among the newer generation IIMs. Like previous year, IIM Amritsar had a large batch size of close to 100 students once again this year, which resulted in addition of new quality recruiters to the existing placement contacts.
IIM Amritsar started its operation in the year 2015 with 45 students in its 1st batch. The second batch at IIM Amritsar with 104 students was the largest among all the newest IIMs. The successful completion of Placement 2019 for the third large batch at IIM Amritsar reflects its industry and corporate acceptability. IIM Amritsar is the 15th Indian Institute of Management set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development with the support of Government of Punjab in 2015. The permanent campus of the institute is being set up under the direction and mentorship of IIM Kozhikode.