IIM Calcutta Review: Your own most trusted and No.1 MBA Platform when it comes to credibility among MBA Aspirants and Alumni of top B-Schools, Career Anna, brings to you the flagship B-School Profile Series in a revamped format in 2019. We earlier brought to you IIM Ahmedabad Review and IIM Bangalore Review. On popular demand, we bring to you IIM Calcutta review by putting a comprehensive picture of the institute highlighting the pros and cons and concluding finally with Career Anna recommendation about the institute.
- There are about 96 full-time faculty at IIM Calcutta coming from the top universities across the globe with vast industry experience.
- More than 80% of them are Ph.D. holders from top universities.
- Among specializations, there is a good spread across Finance, Human Resource, Marketing, Economics, Public Policy, Strategy, and General Management.
- IIM Calcutta has a very good student-faculty ratio and most of the faculties remain accessible, beyond the classroom.
- They will nourish you from the bottom and one major advantage is regular interaction of industry experts across the globe.
- The campus of IIM Calcutta is spread over 135 acres located in Joka and is equipped with all the modern facilities and state-of-the-art-infrastructure to enhance the quality of teaching and learning process.
- The library of IIMC is one of the largest management libraries in Asia and the library processes and functions are fully computerized.
- IIM Calcutta’s auditorium is the best among those on any academic campus in the country equipped with ultra-modern, professional level light and sound system.
- IIM Calcutta has set up a state-of-the-art Financial Research and Trading Lab to support advanced applied research in financial markets.
- The classrooms of IIMC are fully air-conditioned and is facilitated with modern teaching.
- IIMC has 3 major hostels and the college also provides many facilities like canteen, medical facilities, playground, etc.
IIM Calcutta Fees
IIM Calcutta Fees for the MBA programme is INR 22.50 Lacs and for the MBA-Executive programme is INR 27 Lacs.
IIM Calcutta Placement Figures
|IIM Calcutta Placement Review: Strong Points||IIM Calcutta Placement Review: Weak Points|
IIM Calcutta Review: Admission Process
The selection of the candidates for admission at IIMC is a two-step process.
- The first stage is appearing for the CAT Exam conducted by the IIMs.
- On clearing the required cutoffs and the composite score, the candidate will be further called for Writing Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Academic Profile, Work Experience, Gender, and Academic diversity comes into the picture in the final selection process.
Career Anna Recommendation
IIM Calcutta Rankings 2018-19
Worldwide, the Financial Times has ranked IIM Calcutta 49th and in India, IIM-C ranks Third.
Career Anna gives 9.8 out of 10 rating to IIM Calcutta – Certainly a dream MBA College for each and everyone who aspires to do an MBA from India.