IIM Rohtak cut-off for Admissions 2019 will depend upon the number of candidates opting for IIM Rohtak. The Admission criteria 2019 at IIM Rohtak is based on Common Admission Process (CAP) 2019 which will be coordinated by IIM Ranchi this year. For previous two consecutive years, IIM Rohtak had coordinated the Common Admission Process (CAP) for securing admission to the new IIMs. It will have the same shortlisting criteria as that of all participating IIMs for Common Admission Process (CAP) 2019.
Needless to say, only the candidates meeting the cut-off criteria would be considered for shortlisting. The minimum requirement to be fulfilled by the candidates for being considered for shortlisting for WAT and PI is CAT cut-off with 80 sectional and 90 overall percentile. These are eligibility criteria and do not suggest entitlement.
The individual CAT 2018 sectional percentile and the overall percentile may be lowered/relaxed, if the actual number of shortlisted candidates are found to be less than the required number of candidates to be shortlisted for WAT and PI in one or more categories. The relaxation provided in the cut-off criteria is to ensure the sufficient number of candidates for each of the categories for WAT and PI process.
IIM Rohtak will have 240 students in the batch commencing 2019. The admission process for it will be based on CAT 2018 score, shortlist for Personal Appearance (PA), the conduct of common PI & WAT round for participating IIMs and the final admission offer.
CAT 2018 is the mandatory exam to be considered for shortlisting by IIM Rohtak. The recently announced details of IIM Rohtak Admission Criteria 2019 prescribe the admission eligibility, CAT 2018 cut-off, weightage for CAT score in Personal Appearance (PA) round and other parameters.
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: No Separate Application Fee
The application fee of IIM Rohtak is included in the CAT 2018 application fee of INR 1900. Candidates applying for CAT 2018 were given the facility in the CAT 2018 application form to exercise their option to be considered by IIM Rohtak for admission in the programme column without paying any separate fee. Last date to apply for CAT 2018 and to IIM Rohtak has ended on September 26, 2018.
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: Common criteria
IIM Rohtak Admission Criteria 2019-21 will be a three step process. The three stages of selection criteria are:
- Eligibility criteria
- Shortlisting Criteria for Personal Appearance (PA) Process
- Final Admission Selection criteria
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: Eligibility
- IIM Rohtak Eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a Bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration after class 12, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, the eligibility criterion is relaxed to 45%.
2. A significant highlight in the IIM Rohtak Admission Eligibility criteria is that apart from a recognized Graduate degree, the candidate should appear in CAT 2018 exam and must score minimum prescribed sectional and overall score to be considered for shortlisting.
3. If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence to determine PGP admission eligibility would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the Bachelors degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IIM Rohtak by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA. It would then be multiplied with the resultant by 100 to confirm the admission eligibility of the candidate.
4. A candidate appearing for the final year Bachelors degree/equivalent qualification examination, and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019-21. Such a candidate must produce a certificate from the Principal/Head of the Department/ Registrar/Director of the Institution/University certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year or is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category) based on latest available grades/marks.
5. IIM Rohtak Eligibility further clarifies that such a candidate, if selected, will not be eligible for the IIM Rohtak admission unless he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2019 from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar/Director of the Institution/University (issued on or before June 30, 2019) stating that they have completed all the requirements (the result may, however, be awaited) for obtaining the Bachelors degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate.
6. It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IIM Rohtak and offered admission, to submit the marksheet and degree certificate of the final year Bachelors degree examination held on or before June 30, 2019. The deadline to submit the marksheet and the certificate is December 31, 2019.
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: Shortlisting Criteria
The second part of IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019 criteria is the shortlisting criteria before Personal Appearance (PA) round. IIM Rohtak will shortlist the candidates on the basis of CAT 2018 score, and other parameters for final selection round as under:
- The shortlisting for final selection round in IIM Rohtak Admission Criteria awards maximum weight to CAT 2018 score.
- The candidate must have scored minimum sectional percentile of 80 in each of the three sections of CAT 2018 – Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI/LR) and Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC).
- A candidate must have scored minimum overall percentile of 95 in CAT 2018.
- If the candidate is not able to score minimum prescribed percentile in CAT 2018, he/she will not be considered for shortlisting for final selection stage.
- IIM Rohtak’s Admission Committee will decide the number of candidates who would be shortlisted for PA round on the basis of criteria prepared for each category.
- All the candidates shortlisted for PA process will have to attend both WAT and PI which will be a Common Admission Process (CAP) 2019 for all the participating IIMs and is coordinated by IIM Ranchi.
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: Cut-off
IIM Rohtak cut-off 2019 has been liberalized for Admissions in 2019. Only the candidates above the minimum cut-offs in the CAT 2018 sectional percentile ranks, the overall percentile rank and obtaining a positive (greater than zero) raw score in all sections of CAT-2018 will be considered for shortlisting for all the subsequent stages:
|Category||Section-1 (VARC)||Section-2 (DI/LR)||Section-3 (Quant)||Overall CAT 2018 Percentile|
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: Actual Cut-off
Actual CAT 2018 score Cut-Off Criteria shall be decided later in the meeting of directors of participating IIMs to be held in January 2019. It is possible that actual cut-off may go up or come down.
IIM Rohtak Final Admissions 2019 : Selection Round Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Personal Appearance (PA) round to gain an admission to IIM Rohtak.
- Final Selection Round for IIM Rohtak Admissions consists of Personal Interview (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT).
- The final selection PA round for IIM Rohtak Admission will be common for the IIMs who are participating in the Common Admission Process (CAP) 2019. IIM Ranchi is coordinating CAP 2019.
- The scores obtained by the candidate in WAT and PI of CAP 2019 would be considered for preparing the final merit list
- IIM Rohtak selection criteria after final admission round award a weightage of 35% to CAT 2018 Score (Scaled to 100); 30% weightage to Personal Interview(PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT); 35% weight to previous academic history, diversity and work experience respectively.
- Minimum cut-off may be applicable to WAT & PI components. Candidates who do not secure certain minimum scores in the WAT & PI will not be considered for the merit list. The minimum scores will be decided by IIM Rohtak at its discretion.
|CAT 2018 Score||35||CAT Score to be used and not the CAT Percentile|
|WAT & PI||30||Obtained Score used in Final Merit List|
|Work experience, Academic record, Diversity||35||Work Ex 25-36 Months to get highest weightage|
|Total Weightage Points||100||After Final Selection Round|
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: The Complete Process
Following steps are included in the IIM Rohtak Admission process:
Step 1: The candidate must have appeared and scored the minimum required sectional and overall percentile in CAT 2018 to be considered for shortlisting process for admission at IIM Rohtak.
Category-wise shortlists of the candidates are prepared for Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) from among the candidates who have a valid CAT 2018 score, who have applied to the programme and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme of IIM Rohtak.
Step 2: The shortlisted candidates have to attend Common Admission Process (CAP) 2019 for the participating IIMs. CAP 2019 will consist of both PI & WAT rounds in the final selection process. Candidates who do not meet the minimum performance in PI & WAT will not be considered for the final selection.
Step 3: After the WAT & PI round, admission offers are made by IIM Rohtak to successful candidates. The final selection is carried out, taking in consideration a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in CAT, performance in WAT & PI, academics, work experience, diversity among others. Category-wise merit list will be generated, depending on weightages awarded to various components.
Step 4: The final admission offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April 2019 on the basis of Final Merit Score and will be available on IIM Rohtak’s official website.
Step 5: Candidates receiving admission offer from IIM Rohtak will need to send the Offer Acceptance Amount (OAA) of Rs. 100,000 by the stipulated date prescribed by IIM Rohtak. Post that, the candidate can withdraw the OA within the withdrawal date specified in the Offer Letter (OL). In this case, the OAA will be refunded after deducting administrative expenses and processing charges of Rs 10,000. If a candidate is registering for the programme, his/her OAA will be adjusted against the Term I Fee.
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: Fees
- The total programme fees payable by PGP students of Resident Indian Category at IIM Rohtak is INR 12,73,000.
- In addition to this, students have to pay INR 10,000 towards mess fee before the commencement of each term.
- The course fee includes Hostel accommodation, access to lectures, Computer facilities, Library etc. It also includes alumni fee.
- Laptop/ Computer, textbooks, Insurance, personal expenses on travel, clothes, and laundry are extra.
- The total programme fees for the 2019-21 batch may increase further.
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: Student Intake
IIM Rohtak PGP 2019-21 student intake is 240 students.
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: Placements
Final placement 2018 at IIM Rohtak got concluded as early as in February 2018 with 100% placement. Highest salary going up from INR 25.9 lakhs last year to INR 30 lakhs this year.
IIM Rohtak witnessed over 90 recruiters participating in Placement 2018 going up from 57 last year. The numbers included 40 new companies, displaying an increase of 75% in the number of recruiters. IIM Rohtak has also added three international recruiters. Top recruiters who reinstated the faith in IIM Rohtak student body are Google, Amazon, Dabur, EY, KPMG, Amul, GMR, Patanjali, Tolaram among others.
IIM Rohtak Admissions 2019: Placement Trends
IIM Rohtak is the 1st among 6 new IIMs that had concluded its final placement process for the class 2016-18 with 16% rise in highest salary. The institute witnessed participation of 90 recruiters including 40 new recruiters making offers across varied domains and recording a 100% placement again. Last three year placement trends at IIM Rohtak are:
|Year of Placement||Average Placement (In Indian rupees)||Highest Placement (in Indian rupees)||Average salary for top 50 students (in Indian rupees)|
The BFSI sector emerged as the biggest recruiter with 26% share, followed by IT with 18% in placement 2018 at IIM Rohtak. Other prominent sectors where students gained placements include Consulting; Automobile, Manufacturing, Energy, FMCG industries among others.
Notably, IIM Rohtak is the only IIM in the Delhi NCR region. Besides the flagship PGP programme, IIM Rohtak offers the Doctoral programme to cater to the rising demand of qualified researchers and academicians in the industry.