IIM Rohtak PG Diploma Program in Sports: The Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak has introduced a new course namely ‘Post Graduate Executive Diploma course in Sports Management’ in 2018 for young professionals who are willing to make a career in the management domain. This course is a first-of-its-kind course ever offered by an IIM and is best suited for professionals who are enthusiastic about sports.
The institute invites online applications for admission into the second batch of two-year specialized program in “Sports Management” for experienced professionals, sports enthusiasts, and sports administrators. This program is for industrious participants interested in working in the sports, entertainment, and related industries. Graduates of the program will be equipped to understand the legal, regulatory, operational, financial, and branding concepts in the sports industry, nationally and globally. This understanding will enable graduates to solve the problems arising in the industry and carve a niche for themselves in this growing sector in India.
Read this article to know more about the features of this unique course, eligibility criteria and selection process of IIM Rohtak’s Post-graduate Program in Sports.
Pre-requisites to enrol in IIM Rohtak Sports Management Course
- Candidates with Bachelors Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent overall grade point average will be eligible to apply.
- Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate an interest in sports.
- Work experience in a relevant field will serve as an added advantage.
- The online registrations will commence from June 1, 2019.
- The Selection Process for the Post-graduate Programme in Sports will include a Sports Assessment Aptitude Test and a Personal Interview round.
- Link for Registrations: http://www.
iimrohtak.ac.in/index.php/ programmes/2-year-executive- post-graduate-diploma-in- sports-management
Programmes offered at IIM Rohtak
1. Executive level programmes:
- Executive Post-Graduate Programme in Management (e-PGPx), a one-year full-time residential programme equivalent to an MBA.
- Management Development Programme.
- Executive Programme on Advanced Corporate Finance.
- Executive Sports Graduate Diploma in Sports Management.
2. Other Programmes offered:
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM).
- Faculty Development Programme
Important Dates for IIM Rohtak PG Diploma Program in Sports
|Online Application Opens||June 1, 2019|
|Last date of submission of online application||July 15, 2019|
|Last date of receipt of hard copy of application||July 22, 2019|
Assessment Aptitude Test (Online)
|July 24, 2019|
|Online Personal Interview||July 28, 2019|
|Declaration of Results||July 30, 2019|
|Induction cum Orientation||Aug 30, 2019|
Highlights of IIM Rohtak PG Diploma Program in Sports
The participants from the first batch of ePGDSM have national and international level participation in various sports field (Cricket, Badminton, Basketball, Tennis, and more). They had taken up intern assignments in various sporting events (BWF Super Series event, AFC Cup 2019, Chennaiyin FC (ISL Football Championship), POKKT, BWF Super Seriesevent and many others) from Term-II onwards. As a value addition to the program, the Institute has got associated with eminent national and international visiting faculty from highly placed universities to teach the core sports subjects.
Programme Design & Duration of IIM Rohtak PG Diploma Program in Sports
The duration of IIM Rohtak PG Diploma Programme in Sports is 2 years. The mode of delivery is through blended learning (offline & online). This will include a total 560 interactive sessions with a mix of Offline Sessions, Online Sessions, Live Projects, and Industrial Visits.
The total course duration will comprise of 900 Hours.
- Offline Sessions 150
- Online Sessions 410
- Live Project (Hrs) 100
- Industrial Visits (Hrs) 100
- Session Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
There will be six mandatory in-campus modules. The Offline Sessions will be held during the campus visits and Online Sessions will be scheduled thrice a week (Friday, Saturday and Sunday (tentative).
Fees Structure of IIM Rohtak PG Diploma Program in Sports
Total programme fees charged to the participant is Rs 6, 50,475/- inclusive of all taxes. This includes subsidized tuition fees, alumni fees, academic charges, examinations, textbooks, and study material. All fees are non-refundable. Please note that the participants will have to pay separately for In-Campus Module fees, boarding, and lodging facilities.
Scholarship is available for select participants who have represented India at Asian/Commonwealth/Olympic events.
How to apply for IIM Rohtak PG Diploma Program in Sports?
- Candidates interested for the program and possessing the desired qualification need to register online on the website www.iimrohtak.ac.in along with a non-refundable application fees of Rs. 1000/-.
- All Applicants are requested to apply online on or before July 15, 2019 and send a signed hardcopy print out of the online application via Speed Post (India Post) to “Administrative Officer, EEP office, IIM Rohtak, Management City NH-10 Southern Bypass, Sunaria, Rohtak-124010 Haryana, India”.
- The Last date of receipt of hard copy of Application is July 22, 2019. The envelope should be superscribed as “Application For ePGDSM-02 (2019-21)”
- Payment of the application fees should be done through Payment Gateway.
IIM Rohtak an epitome in the business of sports management
India has an enormous potential to grow its sports industry globally. The factors like the immense success of various sports leagues and rising interest of corporate sectors and film fraternity in the business of sports are contributing to the shift in the demand-supply ratio when it comes to professionals with appropriate knowledge in sports management. Thus, the less explored career scope in sports management domain will be the most growing segment in the coming years in Indian management education.
Citing this gap in the industry, Indian Institute of Management Rohtak grabbed this opportunity to introduce the Post Graduate Programme in Sports Management in 2018, where it became the first IIM to train professionals for the many sports management career options like as Sports Event Manager, Sports Marketing Manager, Sports Agents, Sports Talent Managers, Sports Analysts, Media and Communication Managers among others available in the Indian sports industry today.
“Sports industry is an important and fast growing Industry. Increasing need to professionalize this growing sports industry creates need for sports management professionals. Sport management professionals are expected to deal with various business aspects of sports and recreation. Sport Management program at IIM Rohtak is expected to produce professionals who have the competence in various domains such as sports marketing, sports law, financials of sports, event management, sports infrastructure management, sponsorship, sports organizations, among others” said Prof. Dheeraj Sharma, Director, IIM Rohtak.