CAT 2018 Results were announced @iimcat.ac.in on January 5, 2019. The link CAT 2018 Results is made live on the official website of IIM. A ticker running on the website says ‘CAT 2018 Score Card is live and available for download. Reportedly, IIM calls have already been released. IIM Shillong Shortlist and Admission Criteria 2019 has been changed making it more lucrative for the candidates from all academic backgrounds. Let us now have a look at the detailed IIM Shillong Shortlist and Admission Criteria 2019.
IIM Shillong is one of the most esteemed centers of studying management courses in the country. The admission criteria is diverse and all candidates are expected to fulfill it so as to get admitted in the Indian Institute of Management Shillong. IIM Shillong Shortlist and Admission Criteria 2019 is for admissions through CAT 2018 for MBA Class of 2019-21.
According to IIM Shillong Shortlist and Admission Criteria 2019 for the 2019-21 batch, CAT 2018 percentile cutoffs will be 75 percentile for each of the three sections while the minimum overall CAT 2018 percentile will be 80 for the first stage shortlisting process. Recently, the criterion for the batch of 2019-21 is released by the center. All the candidates who desire to pursue a Post-Graduate degree in the management should fulfill all the criteria mandatorily.
IIM Shillong Shortlist and Admission Criteria 2019
CAT 2018 Score
The score of the Common Admission Test plays a vital role in the admission for the IIM Shillong. Remember that you should score well in case of getting an easy admission to the Indian Institute of Management.
|Category||SSC Percentage||HSC Percentage||Section A (VA&RC)||Section B (DI &LR)||Section C (QA)|
IIM Shillong Shortlist and Admission Criteria 2019
The selection procedure which the IIM Shillong follows is divided into two parts. The first part is comprised of shortlisting the students for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview. This procedure is done keeping in mind the CAT 2018 score of the student.
If the student successfully completes the 1st phase of admission that is the GD and PI, he can advance to the next phase where the college offers the admission after preparing the merit list.
The GD and PI should be tactically faced by each candidate so as to advance to the 2nd phase of the admission. There are no such examinations in the second phase for the students who desire to take admission to the Indian Institute of Management Shillong.
Check here for IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria 2019-21.
|Category||Cutoff as minimum percentage of performance out of maximum possible performance in GD||Cutoff as minimum percentage of performance out of maximum possible performance in PI|
Category of the student
The percentage of the marks in each field largely depends upon the category which the student belongs to. The prominent categories in which the students are divided into are DA, SC, ST and unreserved. The Unreserved category is for the general students. The DA category takes the physically handicapped students which are also known as Differently Abled category. The reservation policy is maintained strictly under the rules of the Government of India. The RGIIM Shillong is applicable here.
Check here for IIM Bangalore Admission Criteria 2019-21.
Notes regarding Marks Setup
Apart from cracking the CAT 2018, the candidate should always try to crack the GD and PI rounds vitally while expecting the successful admission process. It fully depends upon the institution on how many students the institution can shortlist. The parameter upon which it is determined is the performance done overall by all the students.
The trend of attendance depends largely on the previous records of recruiting procedure. Availability of the seat in 2019-21 will also affect the shortlisting procedure moreover; the buffer of overlapping possibility is one of the main reasons why the number of students varies each year. A decreasing order will be followed in case of the selection. It will be done in terms of the academic discipline, a category to which the candidate belongs’ and the CAT percentile.
Notes which you need to follow mandatory
- It is important that the candidate as a student should have completed your graduation program by 2019.
- In the case of the IIM Shillong, the process of shortlisting is completely independent unlike the other IIMs in the country. Candidates’ can also concentrate on the other IIMs of the country. Candidates’ can expect variations in the short-listing process in the other IIM institutions.
- Every candidate is expected to regularly visit the official website of the IIM Shillong (www.iimshillong.ac.in) for any vital information related to the admission procedure for the students.
- The website mentioned above is important because candidates’ can get to know about the various calls regarding the admission process. The other ways by which candidates’ can be personally informed is by the registered mobile phone number and SMS.
- The candidates who go for the GD and PI are expected to check if phase 2 of the admission procedure is happening or not.
- In case the candidates’ belong to the reservation category of any sort, it is expected that the candidates’ fully check the norms of the reservation structure.
- The website of IIM Shillong can be referred to check if the candidate is successfully forwarded to the second round of the admission procedure.
- The candidates failing to proceed to the next round will not be sent any sort of letter for further communication. Those candidates can retry for the admission the next year.
- In case of the disputes in case of the admissions will directly go under the competent courts. The Shillong territorial jurisdictions will be responsible for carrying out any legal trials in case of the disputes.
So, the admission process of the IIM Shillong will go according to the above-mentioned process. It is considered that each process of the admission will be clean and the processes are meant to be clear. To ensure the above fact all information and lists will be published online. No online proceedings will happen in case of the admission to IIM Shillong.
So, these are some of the vital criteria which candidates’ need to know about the admission process. The above notes will also help you keep a clear track of the total admission process as you might not miss any of the important steps related to the process.