Institute of Rural Management (IRMA) located in Anand, Gujarat conducts Issues of Social Concern Test (IRMASAT) 2019 for the admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) programme. The candidates must be graduates and have valid CAT 2018/XAT 2019 scores. The computer-based test will evaluate the General Knowledge skills, related to socio-economic issues of the test takers. After IRMASAT 2019, the selected candidates will be invited for Group Activity and Personal Interview rounds at IRMA campus. A final merit list will be prepared after the IRMASAT Selection Process 2019 which will enlist the candidates eligible for the admission in PGDRM in IRMA.
Important Dates for IRMASAT Selection Process 2019
|IRMASAT 2019 Online Test, GA & PI Round||February 11-23, 2019|
|Final Result of IRMASAT 2019||First week of March 2019|
IRMASAT Selection Process 2019
IRMASAT Selection Process 2019 consists of the following parameters:
- Submission of the application with CAT 2018/XAT 2019 score.
- Shortlisting through IRMASAT Selection Criteria 2019.
- Participating in the selection process of IRMASAT, followed by GA-PI rounds in February 2019.
- Securing the final admission offer after the completion of IRMASAT Selection Process 2019 as per the weightage awarded to various components in IRMASAT Admission Process 2019.
Stage 1 of IRMASAT Selection Process 2019: Application
Submission of application is the first step in the IRMASAT 2019 Selection Process. IRMA Application fee is Rs.1500/-. The payment of application fee is through online mode only. The last date to apply for the admissions is December 31, 2018. Candidates seeking the admission to PGDRM programme 2019 at IRMA should appear in CAT 2018/ XAT 2019.
Stage 2 of IRMASAT Selection Process 2019: Shortlisting Criteria
IRMASAT 2019 Selection Process for PGDRM 2019-21 batch at IRMA has been changed. The shortlisting for final selection round will be based either on the profile or on the CAT/XAT score, and only the shortlisted candidates will be able to appear in IRMASAT and GA-PI Round. The first part of IRMASAT Selection Process 2019 is its shortlisting criteria for the final selection round. A candidate will be shortlisted by IRMA Anand in two phases:
Profile-based Shortlisting Criteria
The applicants who are shortlisted on the basis of their profiles should meet the minimum qualifying score in the entrance exam. Candidates who fulfill the following criteria are shortlisted for the profile-based calls:
- Graduation in Development, Agriculture, Sustainability, Dairy, Public policy, Veterinary Sciences, Food Technology.
- Work Experience in Development Sector, Public Policy, Dairy.
- Excellence in Academics with Graduation from top universities.
- Candidates who score above 80 percentile in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 and fall in the Profile-based call criteria are eligible for IRMASAT and GD/PI process.
Non-Profile Based Shortlisting Criteria
The applicants are also shortlisted separately with Non-Profile based criteria for IRMASAT Selection Process 2019 and GD-PI round:
- Candidates who score above 85 percentile in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 and fall in the Non-profile based call criteria are eligible for IRMASAT and GD/PI process.
- Both IRMASAT 2019 and GD/PI process will take place at IRMA for shortlisted candidates.
- Mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting for the next stage of admission process.
IRMA Admission Process 2019: CAT/XAT Score Cutoff
IRMA gives high emphasis on the other quality parameters in its admission process. The candidates above the minimum cutoffs in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 will be considered for all the subsequent stages.
|Entrance Exam||Profile-based Cutoff percentile||Non-Profile-based Cutoff Percentile|
Stage 3 of IRMASAT Selection Process 2019: IRMASAT Exam, GA-PI Round
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in the IRMASAT 2019 Final selection round for admission to IRMA, Anand.
- Shortlist candidates take the IRMA Social Awareness Test 2019 (IRMASAT 2019), Group Activity and Personal Interview.
- The IRMASAT Selection Process 2019 and GD/PI process will be conducted at IRMA for the shortlist candidates.
Stage 4 of IRMASAT Selection Procedure 2019: Final Admission offer
The final admission offer is based on the entire selection process of IRMASAT which takes into account the applicant’s Profile, Entrance Test Scores (CAT 2018/XAT 2019), Work Experience (If any), Performance in IRMASAT, Group Activity and Personal Interview.
Weightage for IRMA Final Selection Components
On the basis of IRMA selection procedure, the final admission offer will be in the last week of April/First week of May 2019. The final IRMASAT Selection Criteria 2019 will award the following weightages to various components in the selection procedure before releasing the final merit list for PGDRM admission 2019:
|IRMA Selection Process 2019 Components||Weightage percentage|
|CAT 2018/XAT 2019 exam score||35%|
|IRMASAT 2019 exam score||10%|
|Group Activity (GA)||10%|
|Personal Interview (PI)||20%|
The Institute of Rural Management (IRMA) is a pioneering academic institution in the rural management education and research. IRMA is not only as an institution of excellence in teaching and research but for having successfully created the new discipline of rural management. IRMA’s path-breaking approach is being emulated by the other institutions in India and abroad.