ISB Placement 2019: The graduating ceremony for the PGP batch of 2019 was held on April 5, 2019, for the students of ISB Hyderabad and they not only received their diplomas for Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) but also received 1301 placement offers in hand at high salary packages much before the ceremony. The Average CTC of INR 25.09 LPA recorded at ISB is highest so far. This placement season saw a 16% growth in the number of offers made compared to the previous years’. Around 35 entrepreneurs are venturing on their own and opted out of the ISB placement process.
ISB follows the concept of ‘Rolling Placements’ which is a lateral hiring process spread over several months, giving both the recruiters and students time to find their best fit. During this period, the B-school supports and encourages the students in their independent search efforts to find their preferred careers. Through these various options, the B-school aims to provide students with more offers as well as a variety of roles to find their best match.
ISB Placement 2019: Highlights
- Average CTC offered goes up at INR 25.09 LPA.
- 35 students opted out of the placement process to pursue Entrepreneurship.
- Placement offers in 2019 accounts for 16% growth compared to last year.
- Total number of offers increased to 1194 from 1136 last year.
- Batch size increased to 886 from 816 last year.
- Out of the total offers, 35% offers were for 306 women students.
- 29% increase in the number of recruiters.
- Consulting, IT/ITES, E-Commerce, and BFSI sectors accounted for major recruitment. Deloitte, Accenture, Amazon among the others made more than 15 offers.
- Amazon, Bain, LEK Consulting, McKinsey, BCG, Deloitte, Flipkart, Google, HDFC Bank, Microsoft, Oyo Rooms, Reliance Industries, Uber, Rivigo, Samsung reported their largest single-campus placement from ISB.
- Barclays, Citibank, ICICI Bank, Credit Suisse, HSBC, JP Morgan, and Matrix were the prominent recruiters in BFSI sector.
- Apple, E&Y, GrabTaxi, Li, and Fung were the top international recruiters who hired for locations in the Middle East, Hong Kong, North Africa, and Singapore.
- Bizongo, Cars24, Magicpin, Paytm, Shuttl, Swiggy, Udaan.com, and Zomato also were the major Startups participating in ISB Placement 2019.
ISB Placement 2019: Batch Diversity
- PGP Class of 2019 at both the campuses of Indian School of Business (ISB) at Hyderabad and Mohali has 883 students. While the ISB Hyderabad campus has 598 students and 285 students at Mohali campus.
- Companies across various sectors continued with the trend of hiring ISB students in large numbers for their prestigious Leadership and Management Training programs.
- Women students at ISB have comprised more than 30% of the class for the last many years and the Class of 2019 continued the trend. Women students fared exceptionally well both in terms of offers received as well as roles.
- Besides Sales and Marketing, some of the top FMCG giants picked up lateral talent from ISB in functions such as Supply Chain, Operations, Strategy, Finance, and Human Resources.
- Consulting, Sales & Marketing and General Management/ Strategic Planning were the three most preferred areas for ISB graduates.
The need for high-quality management professionals at every level in the Indian Businesses is ever increasing. World-class management education at this B-school provides the platform for a transformational and impactful career. ISB is one of the best and largest provider of Executive Education in Asia. And is considered as the most research-productive Indian management institution.
Indian School of Business is a global business school offering world-class education across its two campuses- Hyderabad and Mohali. The school has grown at a rapid pace since its inception and has several notable accomplishments to its credit. It is the youngest school to consistently rank among the top Global MBA programmes. Also, one among the select 100 global B-schools to have AACSB and EQUIS accreditation. A vibrant pool of research-oriented faculty, strong academic associations with leading global B-schools and backing of an influential Board, have helped ISB fast emerge as a premier global B-school in the emerging markets.