MAH CET 2019 Preparation: Maharashtra Common Entrance Test or MAH CET 2019 is a popular state level MBA entrance exam which is scheduled to be held on March 9, 2019. The exam presents students with an opportunity to secure admission in some of the top B-schools like JBIMS, PUMBA, SIMSREE, KJSIMSR.
MAH CET 2019 is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra for admission to various management institutes in Maharashtra. It is an online exam and the candidates are expected to answer the questions within the stipulated time. As the MAH CET 2019 Preparation time goes on reducing month after month with every passing day, you need to revisit your MAH CET 2019 Preparation Strategy and synchronize it with the remaining MAH CET 2019 Preparation Time.
MAH CET 2019 Exam: Highlights
- The exam will comprise of multiple choice questions with 5 options for each question.
- There is no negative marking system for this exam.
- Test duration is 150 minutes.
- The medium of paper will be in English.
- Mode of the examination will be Online.
- This exam comprises of four sections: Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension.
Marking Scheme in MAH CET Exam 2019
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks per Question||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||50||1||50|
MAH CET 2019 Preparation – Key Exam Sections
Some of the important topics to be practiced before attempting the MAH CET 2019 exam includes:
- Visuals, a new inclusion in the exam format, it can be tackled easily if the verbal and non-verbal reasoning are practiced through the use of online model papers.
- Logical reasoning is another main area with high chances of gaining a competitive edge. By practicing and solving mock papers on a regular basis, one can gain a good understanding of this section.
- The verbal section also forms an important part of the paper and can land you with a high score if you have attempted practice test papers. This section can be worked upon through reading habit.
- DI and Quant section is all about the candidate’s speed of solving the questions. The ability to adapt to shorter and easier ways of solving the questions can be helpful in cracking the entrance exam.
MAH CET 2019 Preparation: Section-wise Strategies
- Quant: As candidates need to work on the basics, extensive practice from a good source is a mandate. Solving school level math books would be of great help. As speed is of primary importance in this test, knowing tables, squares, and cubes is compulsory.
- Data Interpretation (DI): This forms a major chunk of the QA section, and should be practiced every day. Mental calculations and methods of approximations need to be exercised rigorously to solve the calculation based DI sets. Solving at least four sets of DI every day, by assigning about five minutes a set would be of great help.
- Logical Ability: Students are advised to solve at least four analytical puzzles on a daily basis, by giving about five minutes per puzzle having five sub-questions, as this area generally has a considerable weightage in the exam. The students can expect questions based on courses of action, assumptions, strengthening and weakening of arguments embedded in the same question. Revising one topic of verbal reasoning and a regular practice of logical ability questions will be sufficient for an aspirant.
- Abstract Reasoning: CET has a trend of asking questions of a high level of difficulty from this section. Series, odd figure, analogies are some general areas that occurs in this section. As this section will have 25 questions, the best the students can do here is practice 25 questions every day by giving themselves 15 minutes to complete the same.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: Students should practice at least 2 RCs every day giving themselves a time limit of about five to six minutes for short passages and 10-12 minutes for long passages. Grammar should be at the fingertips of an aspirant. The students should have sufficient amount of practice of Jumbled Paragraphs, Sentence Completion, Sentence Arrangement, Sentence Correction, and Phrase Replacement. Familiarity with idioms and phrasal verbs will strengthen their preparation for this section.
MAH CET 2019 Preparation Tips
- Go through the revised MAH CET 2019 Exam Pattern.
- Read thoroughly the MAH CET 2019 Syllabus.
- Gather the best books and preparation material for MAH CET 2019 Preparation.
- Improve on your weak areas initially and monitor the improvement regularly.
- Good Preparation alone will not help, the student also should have a good test-taking strategy for attempting the exam. As the CET level of difficulty or the type of questions generally does not change, after solving a few mock tests the students will have a good idea about the paper and the questions asked in the exam.
Practice Mock Tests
Take as many MAH CET Mocks during your MAH CET 2019 Preparation and do the analysis of each Mock Test taken. Without analysis of Mocks, attempting a Mock Test may not be effective. The more the number of Mock Tests that you attempt the higher would be your chances to crack MAH CET exam and secure a seat in JBIMS. Regular practice and attempting mock papers will increase speed and boost confidence. Eliminate stress, as it is not going to make things easier or help you secure a seat in the desired institute.
It may be noted that half of the total questions, if attempted right, can fetch you a percentile of 97-98. MAH CET 2019 Preparation does not require you to study round the clock, instead, you need to study smartly and with an intelligent approach to crack the questions correctly in minimum time to achieve a high score.