MAT 2019 Exam, the second phase of the MAT exam, known as MAT Computer-based Test (CBT) will be conducted on February 23, 2019. Both the MAT 2019 Exams, MAT PBT and MAT CBT, come with their own set of unique challenges. MAT 2019 CBT Admit Card is also available for download on the official website of AIMA: mat.aima.in.
We, at CareerAnna, bring to you some last minute do’s and don’ts, which if taken care of, can make you ace your MAT 2019 (CBT) Exam.
MAT 2019: About the Exam
- MAT Exam is generally conducted 4 times in a year, in the months of February, May, September, and December.
- All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts the MAT exam. The MAT exam helps candidates secure admission in over 600 B-schools in India.
- It is an Objective-type test with Multiple-choice answers meant to test the aptitude of the test takers.
- The time duration for the test is 180 minutes.
- There are 200 questions in total. Each question carries one mark.
- The MAT Exam has five sections in total: (Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Interpretation, Intelligence and critical reasoning and Indian and Global Environment) with 40 questions each.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
MAT 2019 Exam Pattern
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Suggested (In Minutes)||Marks Allotted|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15||40|
MAT 2019 CBT Admit Card: Steps to download
Candidates, who are appearing for the MAT 2019 CBT Exam, on February 23, 2019, must download their MAT 2019 Admit Card today itself, which is available on the official website since 1 pm.
To download your MAT 2019 Admit Card, you must follow the steps given below:
- Test takers can download their MAT admit card by visiting the official website–mat.aima.in
- On the website, candidates will be asked to fill in details: E-Mail, Password and Date of Birth (DOB).
- Click Submit after filling in the details.
- Download and take the print out of MAT 2019 Admit Card for further references.
MAT 2019 Admit Card: Important Details
After downloading the MAT 2019 Admit Card, candidates should check the following information on the Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- Form number
- Test Date
- Test Time & Venue Address
It should also be noted that specific MAT 2019 Admit Card is generated both for the candidates opted for the Paper Based Test and for the Computer Based Test.
MAT 2019 Last-minute tips, Do’s and Don’ts
Be it the MAT 2019 CBT Exam or any other exam for that matter, students always feel nervous and unsure before writing exams and rightly so, because acing an exam can either define success for you or spell temporary failure. Therefore, the key to writing any exam starts first with the basics, which is sleeping well the night before the exam, eating good breakfast in the morning and heading to the examination hall with a calm and composed stature. The anxious approach to the exam is becoming to the exam, however, it can do more harm than good as the unnecessary stress and worry can cause your mind to divert and subject you to panic.
Given below are some things you should be mindful of before your D Day, i.e, the MAT 2019 CBT Exam:
- Do not forget to carry these three things to the exam: MAT 2019 Admit card, Original ID proof and a black/blue ball point pen.
- Download the MAT 2019 Admit Card and have at least two printouts of the same with you before you reach the venue.
- Adhere to the Reporting Time. The exam time for MAT 2019 CBT Exam is from 10 am to 12:30 pm. Therefore, you must reach the venue by 8:30 am for a security check and other verification purposes.
- Positively collect the lower part of the MAT 2019 Admit Card by the invigilator.
Crack MAT 2019 with a High Percentile
- Do not carry a lot of stress on your mind
Most students panic or get nervous before the exam. To avoid getting worked up about the MAT 2019 Exam, reaching the venue late or on an empty stomach, ensure that you have everything prepared for your exam. Do manage to get a healthy breakfast to keep you relaxed and alert all through the day. Take a deep breath, relax and stay confident before entering the examination hall.
- Avoid any last-minute rush
As mentioned earlier, try reaching around 8:30 am at the exam venue. The verification process might consume some time, so reaching on time will reduce half your tension anyway. Rushing to the exam hall at the last hour would reduce anxiety. It also helps any fatigue that you might carry to the exam later due to the last-minute stress.
- Eye the timer constantly
Since there are 5 sections to the MAT 2019 CBT Exam, you can divide the 180 minutes accordingly to solve each section. Also, you can allott more time to the section you find harder to solve and less to the section you are confident of acing. Keeping an eye on the timer ensures you keep track of the time in hand.
- Attempt the question paper in a systematic manner
You must attempt the question paper in the decreasing order of your strong areas in the MAT 2019 CBT Exam. Meaning you should first target the section you are at ease with, since you will be able to solve it faster and with less difficulty which will boost your morale. Refrain from wasting any time on a single question which takes too long a time to be solved.
- Better safe than sorry
Do not mark doubtful responses as there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks. Every wrong answer will deduct one-fourth of marks from the total score. Therefore, you must make sure that the answer is correct while marking responses on the OMR Sheet.
- Keep your MAT 2019 Admit Card and other necessary documents ready a day before
In case you got busy and forgot to download your MAT 2019 Admit Card, you must immediately go to the official AIMA website and download the Admit Card. Also, you should carry with you a hard copy of the Admit Card to show at the exam centre.
MAT 2019 CBT Exam will be conducted across several test centres across the country. It is, after all, a gateway to the MBA/PGDM Programme offered by 164 participating management institutes in India. AIMA (All India Management Association) will grant admission to several Post Graduate Programmes in various Management collegs and Universities.