MAT 2019 Preparation: Management Aptitude Test is a two and a half hours objective type test, in which a candidate has to solve a total of 200 questions. Higher the accuracy, greater are the chances of getting admission in top institutes accepting MAT 2019 Scores. It is the most prominent exam of the nation and the scores obtained are accepted by many reputed Management Institutes in India. A candidate has to attempt all the 5 sections to clear the MAT entrance test. The sections are as follows:
- Language Comprehension.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning.
- Indian and Global Environment
A candidate must do good preparation to score well. A concrete plan, good strategy, lots of practice, focused mind, and determination, can help scoring good marks in MAT 2019 Exam. It totally depends upon the candidate, which mode of exam to choose, either online or offline mode. Candidates can choose the day, time and center of MAT 2019 Exam which is conducted 4 times a year. Here are some MAT 2019 Preparation tips that a candidate must be aware of before attempting the exam.
MAT 2019 Exam Schedule
MAT 2019 May Examination will be conducted in both modes on different dates as mentioned in the schedule below:
|MAT Registrations starts||March 01, 2019|
|MAT Registration last date||April 26, 2019|
|MAT May 2019 PBT exam date||May 05, 2019|
|MAT May 2019 CBT exam date||May 10, 2019 (tentative)|
Things to keep in mind during MAT 2019 Preparation
- Solve previous years’ question papers. From the previous observations, it can be concluded that opting questions of around 80 marks (except GK) with at least 80% accuracy can fetch you a good rank in the exam.
- Time Management is the key. Candidates opting the exam should have better management of time. They should ensure that all the sections of MAT exam are attended properly to have a balanced score. Candidates should not waste time on any particular section. They must divide the total time into 6 different time span, 5 for each section and 1 for revising. It is also important to maintain the accuracy level. The following table will give you a fresh idea of time balancing and the best percentile:
|Section||Time (in minutes)||Marks||Level of Difficulty|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||35||21-28||Moderate|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||30||19-26||Moderate|
|Indian and Global Environment||05||10-15||Moderately Difficult|
- Prioritize the sections. It is considered best to always begin with the most time-consuming section as it takes more time than the allotted time. And the time can be adjusted with the sections which consume comparatively less time.
- Be focused. During the MAT 2019 Preparation, candidates must be sure that they should cover at least 1st level problems of all the topics as they can fetch them marks.
Instructions for MAT 2019 Preparation
- Being updated with the MAT 2019 current syllabus is mandatory.
- A proper time-table should be drafted and followed.
- Practice as many mock tests and previous years’ papers as possible.
- Solve the Quant section using short-tricks and methods.
- Prepare self-made notes for revision.
- Have a good strategy to solve the maximum number of questions in a limited time.
- Attempt only the questions which you are sure.
- Refer to good books and study materials.
- Don’t stick to any question. Read, solve, skip, and move to the next question.
- Self-motivation, Confidence is the key to success.
Tips for MAT 2019 Preparation: Section-wise
Reading questions before solving Reading Comprehension makes it easy to find the answers. Grammar plays an important role, so be sure to have a good command over grammar. Read English newspapers, watch English news channels to improve vocabulary and reading skills.
Understand the theories and memorize all the formulae. Focus on the questions that are most frequently asked. Make your own notes of the formulae and revise them. Master the basics, short-cut methods and tricks. Jump over the questions that are time-consuming.
Data Analysis & Sufficiency
This section is considered the most scoring section in MAT 2019 Exam. Only practice makes it easy to solve the questions in this section with less time. Solving previous years’ questions helps a lot. Try solving all kind of questions in time-bound.
Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
Good preparation and high accuracy in this section can fetch you more marks and may help you in reserving a seat in the desired college. Only verbal and non-verbal types of questions are asked in this section. Analyzing the problem before just guessing the answer may help in reaching the right answer. To prepare for this section, candidates should solve a lot of questions and go through the model papers. Any good reference book can help you out.
Indian & Global Environment
Questions in this section cover topics related to GK and current affairs. This section is also considered as a scoring section, to prepare well for this section, you must read magazines & newspapers, watch news channels and keep yourself updated about the current and national affairs.
There are around 600 MBA/PGDM colleges who accept MAT 2019 exam score for their MBA admissions 2019. The updated list of Management Institutes who accept MAT exam scores for admission to their MBA programs is available on the official website of aima.in. The list of MAT score accepting MBA colleges goes on changing from one MAT exam to the other. Each MAT exam score is valid for one year. The best MAT exam score would be considered to get the merit position during the admission process 2019 of respective B-school.