MBA in International Business (IB) is one of the emerging coveted specializations for the aspiring youth of the country. It is being looked at as an attractive career opportunity because of the exciting profiles it has to offer at the completion of the course.
What is MBA in International Business?
It is a niche specialization that is built around training students at various aspects of International Business, including but not limited to Export and Import Management, Foreign Exchange Management, International Marketing, International Finance and International Logistics. Export and Import Management focuses on the nuances, rules, regulations, procedures etc. related to export and import. Foreign Exchange Management talks about how to manage currency conversions, fluctuation of rates and how to safeguard the interests against such fluctuations in currency rates.
In addition to the above, MBA in International Business from a reputed institute will offer you the general management subjects as well as electives from Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain Management to help you lay a strong foundation from knowledge and exposure perspective. In a way, it is equivalent to normal MBA coupled with additional stress on subjects and concepts around International Market and how to deal with the different global scenarios- be it in Marketing, Finance or Supply Chain.
Career Opportunities after MBA in International Business
MBA in International Business exposes you to a plethora of opportunities in various departments of companies that deal with international affairs spread across the spectrum of profiles in Finance, Marketing, HR, Legal and Supply Chain Management. Few key profiles include:
- International Marketing and Finance (especially in Automobile, FMCG and FMCD sector)
- Exports-Imports Management (especially in Shipping sector)
- Consulting profiles (Big 4 would like to have you for the same)
- International Logistics (especially Distribution sector)
- General Management (especially Travel and Tourism sector)
Compensation offered majorly depends on the combination of company and the institute from which you pursued MBA.
Leading Institutes offering MBA in International Business India
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (the best for MBA in IB in India)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Research and Studies, Mumbai
- SRCC Global business Operations Programme
- University Business School, Chandigarh
- Fortune Institute of International Business, New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University
- GITAM Institute of Foreign Trade, Vishakapatnam
- Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Gwalior
- Hult International Business School
- Seattle University
- University of South Carolina
- University of Colorado Denver
- Georgia State University
- Northeastern University
- California University of Management and Sciences
- London School of Economics, UK
- University of Leeds, UK
- Northampton University, UK
- Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade, Spain
- University of Warsaw, Poland
- The Australian International University
- University of Melbourne
- University of South Australia
- Queensland University of Technology