MICAT- 2 2019 Result: The MICAT Exam was recently conducted on December 2, 2018 and February 9, 2019 respectively. MICAT is a computer-based test held in two phases, the former being MICAT I and MICAT II. MICA (Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad) conducts its own entrance test for the selection of candidates for its PGDM-C batch. The test duration is of 2 Hours and 45 minutes.
MICA offers a two-year PGDM-C flagship programme, which is a full time, residential programme. The PGDM-C programme is AICTE approved and is deemed equivalent to an MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The programme is a differentiated MBA programme to create leadership in candidates through Creative Thinking, Communication and Consumer-Centricity.
MICAT- 2 2019 Result: Important Dates
|MICAT 2019 Events||Schedule|
|MICAT – I Scorecard Release Date||18th December 2018|
|MICAT – II Scorecard Release Date||19th February 2019|
|GE & PI Shortlist||19th February 2019|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||7th, 8th & 9th March 2019|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||12th & 13th March 2019|
|GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai||16th, 17th & 18th March 2019|
|Final Results||25th March|
MICAT-2 2019 Result: Exam Pattern
|Section||Parts||No. of Questions|
|Section 1||Psychometric Test||27|
|Section 2||Verbal Ability||25|
|Section 3||Descriptive Test||4|
Sectional Analysis of MICAT-2 2019 Exam
|Psychometric Test (DT)||Confusing|
|General Awareness (GA)||Moderate|
|Descriptive Test||Moderately Difficult|
|Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR)||Easy|
How to check MICAT-2 2019 Result
To check MICAT- 2 2019 Result, candidates may follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log on to the official website: www.mica.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on the link ‘MICAT – II Scorecard’.
- You will be redirected to a page where you have to enter your User ID and Password.
- Click on the ‘Login’ tab after entering the required credentials. Your MICAT II Scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and save your MICAT 2019 Scorecard.
- Take a print out of the result for future reference.
Details on your MICAT-2 2019 Scorecard
MICAT-2 2019 Result displays the following details:
- Total scores
- Qualifying status
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Candidate’s photograph
- Candidate’s signature
- Stamp of MICAT conducting authority
Calculation of MICAT-2 2019 Result
- For MICAT-2 2019 Exam, it is compulsory for all candidates to qualify the Psychometric Test section.
- There is no negative marking applicable on Psychometric and Descriptive sections of the MICAT 2019 Exam (MICAT II).
- The negative marking of 0.25 marks is applicable only on Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation, and Divergent and Convergent Thinking Sections.
- Every incorrect response in Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation, and Divergent and Convergent Thinking sections, the 0.25 negative marking is applicable.
MICAT-2 Result 2019: Calculation of Scaled Scores/Normalisation of Scores
- The score secured individually by a candidate in each sub-section of the MICAT 2019 Exam (MICAT-I/MICAT-II) e.g. Verbal Ability will be converted into a normalised score.
- The normalised scores will then be calculated separately for each sub-section.
- The scores will be normalised using appropriate statistical methods, which is achieved by considering scores of all qualified candidates up to the applicable stage.
- Normalised Scores Calculation Formula: Score of Verbal Ability of the applicant/ Maximum score obtained by any candidate those who appear in the MICAT 2019 Exam. Multiplied by Maximum Possible Score in the Verbal Ability section of MICAT 2019 Exam.
- Through this, only the probable score can be calculated based on the number of correct and incorrect attempts.
MICAT-2 2019 Result: Release of Answer Key
- Please note that no official Answer Key would be released by the authorities.
- MICAT 2019 Answer Key, however, would be released by the coaching centres, so as to enable students to secure a brief understanding of the marks obtained by them.
MICAT-2 2019 Cutoff
MICAT Shortlisting is done on the basis of CAT/XAT/GMAT Score, MICAT Score and Quality of Descriptive Writing.
However, as per past trends, following combination of CAT/XAT Scores and MICAT Scaled score should be good to get the call if you are above average in Descriptive Writing.
- 85+ Percentile in CAT/XAT and 45 scaled score
- 80-85 Percentile in CAT/XAT and 50 scaled score
- 70-80 Percentile in CAT/XAT and 55 scaled score
Ones with exceptional descriptive writing skills, may even get the call at 75-80 percentile in CAT/XAT with 45-50 scaled score.
MICAT 2019 Selection Process
MICAT 2019 Selection Process involves three steps:
- CAT/XAT/GMAT: It is mandatory for candidates to have appeared in any of these exams. Thereafter, they would enter the said scores in their online application form. For the current year admissions, CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT 2017 scores would be deemed valid.
- Candidates, in the second step of the MICAT 2019 Selection Process, would be assessed on Sections A, B and C respectively, viz; Psychometric Test, VA+QA+DI+GK+Convergent & Divergent Thinking and the third section being the Descriptive Test.
- The third step would be the GE (Group Exercise) and PI (Personal Interview) test.
MICAT 2019 Exam: Merit List
- On the basis of the candidates’ performance in the MICAT 2019 Exam, they would be shortlisted for the further rounds.
- There are two types of Final Merit List prepared. The first is for the candidates who qualify both CAT/XAT/GMAT and MICAT, who would then move to the GE and PI rounds.
- The second Merit List of the MICAT 2019 Exam would be for those who quality GE and PI rounds.