MICAT 2019 GE PI Shortlist: MICA, Ahmedabad conducts its own admission test MICAT for the candidates who apply to MICA for admission to PGDM-C program on the basis of CAT 2018/ XAT 2019/ GMAT scores. The PGDM-C is the flagship program of MICA, Ahmedabad. This two-year, full-time, residential program is AICTE approved and is deemed equivalent to an MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It is a differentiated MBA program that creates leadership through Creative Thinking, Communication, and Consumer-Centricity. MICAT 2019 Admission will be offered on the basis of candidate’s scores in MICAT 2019 GE PI round followed by CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT exams.
MICAT 2019: Important Dates
|MICAT – I||Saturday, December 01, 2018|
|MICAT – I Score||Tuesday, December 18, 2018|
|MICAT- II Admit Card||Monday, February 04, 2019|
|MICAT – II||Saturday, February 09, 2019|
|MICAT – II Score||Tuesday, February 19, 2019|
|MICAT 2019 GE PI Shortlist||Tuesday, February 19, 2019|
|MICAT 2019 GE PI at Delhi and Kolkata||Thursday, Saturday, March 7, 8 & 9, 2019|
|MICAT 2019 GE PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||Tuesday & Wednesday, March 12 & 13, 2019|
|MICAT 2019 GE PI at Bangalore & Mumbai||Saturday, Monday, March 16, 17 & 18, 2019|
|Final results||Monday, March 25, 2019|
MICAT 2019 Selection Process (Batch 2019-21)
Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve the business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted. MICA selection is a 3-step process as follows:
Step-I: CAT 2018/ XAT 2019/ GMAT
- Each candidate must have taken at least one of the three exams: CAT 2018/ XAT 2019/GMAT (2017 onwards).
- Candidates must update the score options in the online application form (i.e. CAT 2018, XAT 2019 & GMAT 2017 onwards). After receiving the CAT 2018 score, XAT registration no. and GMAT score, candidates are required to update the details in the official website on or before 30th January 2019.
Step-II: MICA Admission Test (MICAT)
All candidates are assessed on the basis of MICAT 2019, which consists of 3 sections:
A: Psychometric Test
B: Verbal ability, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation, General awareness, Divergent and Convergent Thinking
C: Descriptive Test.
MICAT 2019 is held in Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Ajmer, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Faridabad, Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Nagpur, Noida, Panjim, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Surat, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
Step-III: MICAT 2019 GE PI
All the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT & MICAT shall appear for both the Group Exercise (GE) & Personal Interview (PI).
Preparation of Shortlist for MICAT 2019 GE PI
- Section A of MICAT 2019 (Psychometric test) is a qualifier.
- Candidates those who qualify the Psychometric test, their relative performance in CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT will be considered. Candidates clearing a minimum cutoff in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 total percentile/GMAT score shall be considered.
- Those who qualify based on the CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT performance, their Section B of MICAT will be assessed.
- Candidates who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cutoff in the normalized Scores of Section B of MICAT shall have their Section C of MICAT Assessed. Each section will have its own cutoff.
- Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cutoff in Normalized Scores of Section C of MICAT shall be considered for shortlisting for GE and PI. Shortlisted candidates will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai. GE & PI candidate list is prepared on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT and 50% MICAT scores.
Final Merit List Preparation
- All those who appear in GE & PI are considered for the final merit list must be recommended by majority of the panelists of PI.
- Candidates those who meet the criteria mentioned above, their final composite score shall be created based on the following weightage:
|CAT 2018/ XAT 2019/ GMAT||20%|
MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT) for shortlisting candidates for PGDM-C 2019-2021 batch. It is conducted twice a year in 48 cities across the country. Best of the two MICAT Scores is considered. The candidate may choose to write both MICAT I & II. If a candidate has appeared for more than one exam, the best of the two/three exam will be considered.
Scores shall be normalized using the appropriate statistical methods by considering scores of all qualifying candidates. Normalized scores will be calculated for each subsection separately. Total MICAT-I/MICAT-II score will also be Normalized using appropriate statistical methods. Approximately 1/10th of the total number of candidates who appear in the two MICATs will be shortlisted for GE & PI based on CAT/XAT/ GMAT and the total MICAT Score.