Are you wondering as How to Prepare for XAT Exam 2019 in 3 weeks? Well, we have come up with some useful tips and information. Here, you get to know about the suitable schedule for preparation of XAT Exam 2019 in 3 weeks.
Xavier aptitude test is organized by XLRI every year to select the deserving aspirants for various management courses in well-acknowledged institutes in the country. Through effective preparation for XAT 2019, applicants will be able to crack XAT Exam 2019 with good scores. To know more about XAT preparation tips 2019, read the details given on this page.
Preparation of XAT Exam 2019 in 3 weeks
Xavier Aptitude Test is an entrance exam, for which a huge number of candidates appear every year for the admission in top B-schools including XLRI, XIMB, IMT, and various others. There are many significant B schools, which recognizes CAT and XAT scores to provide admissions.
XAT Exam 2019 Pattern
|Sections in XAT Exam 2019||No. of questions|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||27|
XAT 2019 Vs XAT 2018 Key Changes
|XAT exam year||XAT 2019||XAT 2018|
|Duration of the test||3 Hours||3 ½ Hours|
|Number of Sections||4||5|
|Subjective Answer Question||No||Yes|
|Key Change||Removed: Essay Writing||Essay Writing existed|
Important sections comprising in XAT Exam 2019
Verbal and Logical Ability and General Knowledge (GK):
- Critical Reasoning & Reading Comprehension areas have historically dominated this section and it requires a fine balance between quick reading and comprehension skills.
- Practicing Mock Tests is essential for superior performance.
- Put greater emphasis on the economics and business related facts.
- Preparing current events for the last 6 months is very essential.
- In static GK part, focus on awards, books & authors, geography and various other topics.
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI):
- Majority of the questions featured in this section has come from Geometry, Number Systems, Functions, P&C, Probability and Data Interpretation.
- Strong conceptual base in the above-mentioned topics, with a good application orientation, is the key to success.
- Thrust areas are Geometry, Number Systems, P&C, Probability, and Functions respectively.
Revision Strategies XAT Exam 2019
- Make the list of topics those were left during your preparation
- Go through those topics
- Revise important and key topics
- Be confident and solve past year question papers
- Give as many mock tests as possible to check your preparation or analyze your weak points.
|Monday- Tuesday||QA – 2hrs
|Wednesday- Thursday||QA – 2 hrs
DM – 1 hr
VA – 2hr
|Friday- Saturday||QA – 2 hrs
DM – 2 hrs
GK – 1 hr
|Sunday||Revise the entire week preparation and try solving questions|
Repeat the same schedule that was followed on Month I and try to complete the whole syllabus till the end of this month. Practice as many mocks you could in this time span.
This is the time where you must be ready to take mock tests and examine your strengths and weaknesses. Solve different sample papers and get to analyze your performance.
|Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday||Mock tests|
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||Work on weaker sections|
|Saturday||Revision of the entire syllabus|
How To Prepare For Decision Making Section Of XAT Exam 2019
Decision Making is a unique section to XAT. This section comprises of mix managerial, mathematical and behavioral questions. This is not the part that tests your theoretical knowledge but it challenges the basic assumptions of your thoughts and checks the abilities of your understandings towards the real-world problems that are presented in the cases.
- Avoid Personal Opinion and it is an ordinary propensity of one to approve an approach based on ones’ own value system. Never permit personal opinions to cloud your ruling.
- Never select options that pronounce unsubstantiated judgments:
- Many options those present extreme scenarios are in fact nothing else but cunningly covered opinions. These opinions demand to emotions and can attract you to choose them.
- Question yourself and make decisions
Expert Tips To Crack XAT Exam 2019
This is the most important factor that one should keep in mind before starting the preparation for the exam. Proper planning makes a person to study according to the schedule in a given period of time. Make a timetable and then start preparing for each subject. In this way, the whole syllabus can be covered in a much easier and organized way.
Keep on Practice
Learning does not make you perfect for such a high-level competitive exam. The one thing that should be adopted is that the participant should practice a lot until he/she gets a good hold in that particular chapter.
Recognize your stronger and weaker sections
This is the key factor that helps the participant to do preparation by more focusing on subjects that are weak.
Solve Previous Year Papers
This is the best way that will make you get familiar with the questions that you will come across in the exam. It increases the ability to face the exam with much more confidence. This also indicates the preparation level and how much he/she should have to work and practice to acquire the best score in XAT 2019 Exam.
The most important thing is to manage the time effectively so that all your topics in XAT 2019 exam will be covered. Try to allocate proper time to each subject as per the schedule and focus on the most important topics rather than the less important sections.
Strengthen your basics
Participants must make their fundamentals strong concerning to all subjects. If the basics are clear then complex topics are also understood much easily. The maximum portion in the exam is based on your basics. If your basics are strong then it will help you score well in the exam. This is the most effective way to prepare for the XAT 2019 Exam.
Overall, you have to focus more on the basics of time management, prioritization and striking a right balance between speed and accuracy. Study smartly and with an intelligent approach, you can crack your exam in the very first attempt.
We hope all the aspirants have got the essential details for how to prepare for XAT 2019 Exam! Stay tuned for more strategies, tips, and tricks to get through your XAT Exam 2019.