Many of us out here are interested for a career in Project Management, and are continuously looking for certifications to build profile through Project Management certifications. Project Management is not a standalone activity and cuts across verticals. Being strong in the verticals strengthen your case no doubt, but in case you are not from a specific vertical, how can you build your profile is what we will have a look at. Also, please make a note that you do not misinterpret Project Management as something related to IT Industry, Project Management is valid across the industries and has a significant demand across industries. We have already covered Finance Certifications and Marketing Certifications to build a strong profile.
Project Management Certifications to Build Profile
Project Management Institute, USA is the most recognized organization that provides certifications in Project Management.
It provides following globally recognized Project Management Certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
All the 5 certifications provided by PMI have different eligibility criteria with major points of criterion revolving around work experience one has. However, among the lot PMP and CAPM are the most popular and sought after certifications. One needs to have minimum 3 years of work experience to be eligible to take PMP while one may take CAPM with lesser work experience too. These 2 are the most highest paid certifications across the globe.
Lot of recruitment analysts have said it multiple times at umpteen platforms that to be successful in consulting industry, one should have knowledge of process as well as numbers. While PMP, CAPM , Sig Sixma , CSCP and CPIM cover the process across domains; CFA covers the knowledge of numbers that matter to a company. This illustrates the importance of few certifications discussed here.
Process Management Certifications
- Executive Leadership includes the CEO and other members of top management.
- Champions take responsibility for Six Sigma implementation across the organization in an integrated manner.
- Master Black Belts, identified by champions, act as in-house coaches on Six Sigma. They devote 100% of their time to Six Sigma.
- Black Belts operate under Master Black Belts to apply Six Sigma methodology to specific projects. They devote 100% of their time to Six Sigma.
- Green Belts are the employees who take up Six Sigma implementation along with their other job responsibilities, operating under the guidance of Black Belts.
Please share the article if you liked it or GIVE US A THUMBSUP HERE. 🙂
Feel free to share your views through comments and if you think we missed any good certification. We will update our list! 🙂