With SBI PO Mains few weeks away, we bring to you the new SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern in detail, along with SBI PO Mains Syllabus and the expected number of topic wise questions from SBI PO Mains Syllabus.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
Each section has a respective sectional time limit. There will be the differential marking based on difficulty level of exams. Also, you will not be allowed to decide the sequence of sections.
|English Language||35 Questions||40 Marks||40 Minutes|
|GK / Economy / Banking||40 Questions||40 Marks||35 Minutes|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35 Questions||60 Marks||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||45 Questions||60 Marks||60 Minutes|
SBI PO Mains Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension – 2 sets (1 lengthy, 1 doable) – 15 Questions
- Cloze Test – Moderate – 5-10 Questions
- Parajumbles – Moderate – 5 Questions
- Spotting Error – Difficult – 5 Questions
- Fill in the blanks / Sentence Improvement – Moderate – 5-10 Questions
GK / Economy / Banking
Section will be moderate in difficulty level.
- Banking Awareness – 10 Questions
- Economy – 5 Questions
- Current Affairs – 15-20 Questions
- Static GK – 5 – 10 Questions – Park, Dams, Lakes, Stadium, Headquarter of National Org. , Currency & Capital, Thermal Power plant, Airport
Data Interpretation and Analysis
No Question from Arithmetic / Numbers / Quadratic etc. expected in Mains Paper. Topics that will come in the paper are:
- Pie Chart
- Mix DI
- Table Graph
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Probability, Permutation & Combination
- Caselet DI / Missing Data caselets
Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
This is expected to be the toughest section of the exam.
- Input Output – Difficult – (Double shifting) – to be of Higher Mark allocation
- Puzzle – Difficult & Tricky – to be of Higher Mark allocation – Puzzles will be from following areas:
— 3 variables
— 2 variables
— Circular arrangement
— Linear Arrangement
- Inequality – Moderate
- Logical Reasoning – Difficult- 7 to 8 questions
- Blood relation / Ranking / Direction Coding Decoding – Moderate
- Data Sufficiency – Moderate
It is expected that no question will be asked in the exam on Syllogism and Coding/Decoding.