IIFT 2018 is the written entrance test for two-year MBA in International Business at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), conducted by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi. IIFT 2018 exam registrations have been closed on September 24, 2018 and final exam will be conducted on December 2, 2018 in offline mode.
IIFT exam marks the entry into one of the most prestigious MBA institutes of India. It is a national-level entrance test, which witnesses competition among 60,000 candidates against 420 seats. Tough!
Not only the competition is high, but also it is held in a single session. In order to crack this exam, there are several things you must keep in mind. Here are 10 important things to know about IIFT 2018 exam:
Part A: Preparation Time Important Things To Know
- Check your eligibility for the exam: It would be foolish if a person does not check out the eligibility criteria and starts preparing for IIFT 2018 exam. The aspirants must have a recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with 50% marks and students in final year of graduation can also apply. Also, there is no age limit for aspirants.
- Know the complete admission process: The IIFT exam is the first step towards taking admission in Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). Once a candidate qualifies the written exam, he or she has to go for a writing skills assessment, the group discussion and the interview. After the written IIFT 2018 exam is held in December, the other rounds are held in January/February 2019.
- Prepare as per given syllabus and pattern: The IIFT exam is a written exam with multiple choice, objective type questions. The IIFT exam syllabus consists of English grammar, vocabulary and comprehension, general knowledge and current affairs, logical reasoning, data interpretation and quantitative analysis. There are all total 6 sections in the IIFT question paper. One must prepare these topics well in order to score high.
- Apply shortcuts and tricks: The IIFT exam is a time-bound exam. Speed is the key to solve the IIFT paper and clear the minimum cut off. Applying shortcuts and tricks allow the candidates to solve the questions in less time. Important formulas and concept should be noted down and revised at regular intervals.
- Practice question papers with watch in morning shift: Since IIFT exam is a written exam, conducted in a stipulated time, speed is very important. It is important to practice mock tests and previous years question papers while preparing. Also, practice must be done in morning shift so that one doesn’t feels sleepy while writing the actual IIFT exam. You will have an idea of exam pattern and you will get rid off all confusions.
- Cross IFFT written test cutoff: There is a cutoff in each section of the IIFT question paper, based on which the candidates are shortlisted for the further rounds. For IIFT 2018, the cutoffs were – 7.5 in English grammar, vocabulary and comprehension, 5.5 in logical ability and data interpretation, 3.5 in quantitative analysis & 1 in general knowledge and current affairs. The students who had cleared the sectional cut off for each section and obtained a total score of 35.5 were shortlisted for second round. Generally, the IIFT cutoffs are on the lower side. So, you need to keep that in mind.
Part B: Test Day Important Things To Know IIFT 2018
- Carry your admit card, ID proof and stationery items: The most important thing that you should keep in mind while giving the IIFT exam is carrying your admit card, ID card and stationery items. Take a note that you do not carry a photostat of ID proof. Original is required while appearing for the IIFT exam – passport, driving license, election I-card, PAN card, Aadhar card, college I-card (any one of them). Your stationery box should not have anything written or printed on it. Carry an extra pencil and eraser too!
- Stay baggage free: There is no provision to keep your personal belongings at the IIFT test center. You must avoid carrying any bag or mobile phone or electronic gadgets, which are expensive and may get lost at the IIFT test center. The authorities don’t take responsibility of your personal belongings!
- Skip sticking to lengthy questions: Few questions in IIFT exam are lengthy and go beyond your reach. It is important that you avoid sticking to that question and do not struggle in solving it. Try and attempt other questions which could be solved faster. The only thing you should have in mind on the test day of IIFT 2018 exam is to answer maximum questions in a fixed time frame. Do not waste time on lengthy questions!
- Keep no room for doubtful answers: Every candidate writing the IIFT exam is contesting for those 420 seats. There’s no room for answering a question in doubt. Answer questions only if you are sure. 100% sure shot answers will only give you success to crack IIFT 2018 exam. Keep it less, but keep it correct!
- Fill answers in OMR sheet carefully: IIFT exam is conducted in offline mode (pen paper mode). Therefore, the OMR sheet has to be handled carefully. If you mark wrong answers in OMR sheet by mistake, you foolishly loose marks. Patience and carefulness is required while darkening the circles in OMR sheet of IIFT exam. Mark them dark, mark them correct!
- Spend specified time on every question: Before entering the IIFT exam hall, you should be clear of the time you will spend on each question. Equal time must be spent on each question ideally, but not mandatorily. If a question takes more than the allotted time, you must move to the next. In this way, you will cover all questions in all of the sections. But, here’s a piece of advice. Don’t keep looking at the watch!
- Calculate the score while answering the test: Not every question asked in the IIFT exam is meant to be answered. You know your strengths and your scoring sections too. While taking the IIFT exam, you must be calculative about the questions you aim to attempt. You must have a minimum number of correct answers in mind so as to make a decent score in IIFT exam. Stick to your strategy. Make sure you do not attempt less number of questions!
If you keep in mind a few do’s and don’ts, you can ace the IIFT 2018 exam. There’s a very little distance between you and success. Hope you travel it steady and win.