We know that SPJIMR Mumbai conducts Group Interview instead of one to one Personal Interview. In this article, we bring to you Pointers and Questions for SP Jain Group Interview.
The Selection Process at SP Jain consists of WAT (Essay writing) followed by a Psychometric Test. It is further followed by two Group Interviews.
Pointers and Questions for SP Jain Group Interview
- Why MBA ?
- Tell me about yourself and why you chose this specialization (you need to select specialization while applying to SP Jain)
- What is Marketing?
- (Given a situation and asked to handle it) Why do you want to change your job and go for an MBA?
- What will you give to this institute? Answer in one line.
- Why should we select you – give one reason.
- If you are not selected, then who else should be?
- What do you know about the PNB scam?
- Tell me one thing you like and dislike about your parents.
The first two questions generally tend to make or break in the first Group Interview at SPJIMR. However, a few other questions might be asked as well. Remember that you answer the question aptly within the time limit set by the evaluation panel (generally 1 minute).
For Group Interview 2:
Only the candidates, who qualify Group Interview 1, move to second Group Interview. Some of the most frequently asked questions in the second round of group interview are:
- Introduce Yourself
- Why SPJIMR?
- What kind of spouse would you like to have?
- What was the worst phase of your life and how you handled it?
- What is the quality in your boss that you don’t like at all
- What would you have done if you were the PM of the country to prevent the economy slowdown
- Your 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses
- What are your hobbies?
- What motivates you?
- What is the best inspirational source for you?
- Describe yourself in one sentence
- Describe a situation in the office where you took charge in the case of urgency and came out successfully.
- Give an example where you played the role of a leader
- Tell two good things and two bad things about SPJIMR as an institute
For Group Interview 3:
- Why MBA in the specialisation chosen by you.
- What does the recovery of diesel price mean, and how does it influence the country?
- Define the structure of the essay and how do you write one?
- What are your views on education for girls and how do parents’ influence affect the child’s education?
- Introduce yourself in 60 seconds.
- Why have all the engineers in the group chosen finance? Quote three instances from the recent past on the national or the international levels that had ethical issues related to finance.
For Group Interview 4:
- Tell us something about yourself.
- Give one situation where you had to stick to your values.
- Is there something we can learn from Lance Armstrong?
- Why Marketing? What is the difference between sales and marketing? Give an example of good and bad marketing.
- What are the difficulties you have faced in life till date? What is the rural population in India? Justify your answers written in the psychometric test. Why our college?
To succeed in SPJIMR, you need to be very thorough with your answers and should be quick as well so that the image doesn’t go to the faculty as if you are framing the answer. Remember, in SPJIMR they give you limited time to answer (generally 1 minute for one question) failing to adhere to which, the panel moves on to the next candidate. Hence, be quick, crisp and clear in your answers.