TAPMI Manipal Cutoff 2019 has been announced for admissions 2019-21. The application process for PGDM 2019 ends on January 18, 2019. TAPMI follows a two-step admission process and will shortlist the candidates for the final admission round on the basis of Profile and CAT 2018/ XAT 2019/ GMAT scores. Admissions at TAPMI goes through a rigorous process and will be offered on the basis of seven components in the final selection round. In this article, we bring to you TAPMI Manipal Cutoff 2019 and Admission Process.
TAPMI is one of the B-schools in India which enjoys international accreditation. It is one of the 7 institutes in India and 5% of the business schools worldwide to have been accredited with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the oldest and toughest accreditation in the world of business education. TAPMI Manipal is the 5th institution in India to have both the AACSB as well as Association of MBAs (AMBA) accreditation.
PGDM Programmes at TAPMI Manipal
TAPMI offers 4 full-time PGDM programmes:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management.
- PGDM – Banking and Financial Services.
- PGDM – Human Resources Management.
- PGDM – Marketing and Sales Management.
While the 3 PGDM Programs at TAPMI Manipal are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the recently launched PGDM in Marketing and Sales Management is subject to AICTE approval.
TAPMI Manipal CutOff 2019
Following overall minimum percentile in the CAT 2018/ XAT 2019/GMAT entrance exam should be scored by the applicants to get shortlisted for the final admission process by TAPMI Manipal. These TAPMI Manipal cutoff 2019 are applicable for the candidates with less than 24 months of Work experience.
|Components||TAPMI Manipal Cutoff 2019|
|CAT 2018||85 percentile|
|XAT 2019||85 Percentile|
TAPMI Academic Profile
TAPMI Profile-Based Shortlisting
For the candidates with work experience of two years or more TAPMI follows a Profile-Based Shortlisting. Following are the parameters for shortlisting:
- Valid CAT 2018/ XAT 2019/ GMAT scores.
- Academic Profile (10th, 12th, Graduation).
- Quality and Duration of Work Experience.
- Extra-curricular Achievements.
Students will be informed on the shortlist decision through email / SMS to their registered email id and mobile number.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- To apply for admission in TAPMI, candidates’ should click on Admissions and enter the details in the window that opens with the click.
- TAPMI Manipal applications involves online submission.
- Candidates have the option of making payment for the application through online/credit card/debit card or using online banking payment facility.
TAPMI Admission Process
TAPMI Admission Process 2019 is a two-step process involving shortlisting based on profile and the entrance exam score and the final admission selection Criteria based on other key components apart from the entrance exam score.
Shortlisting Process at TAPMI
The first part of TAPMI Manipal Admission Process is the shortlisting of candidates before the final selection round. TAPMI will shortlist the candidates on the basis of the following parameters:
- TAPMI follows a Profile-Based Shortlisting.
- Profile considered for shortlisting consists of valid CAT 2018/ XAT 2019/ GMAT scores, academic profile (10th, 12th, Graduation), work experience, extra-curricular achievements if any.
- The Statement of Purpose plays an important role in the shortlisting.
- Shortlist for the program is separate and independent of each other.
- For candidates with work experience of two years or more TAPMI follows a profile-based shortlisting.
- Students will be informed on the shortlist decision through email/SMS to their registered email id and mobile number.
- TAPMI Manipal will consider the aggregate scores and not sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting.
Final Selection Round at TAPMI
- Post-short-listing, the applicants will be called for the final selection round.
- All the shortlisted candidates are to go through the final selection round by TAPMI to be held in the month of February-March 2019.
- Final selection is based on CAT 2018/XAT 2019 percentile/ GMAT Score, Academic Performance, Work Experience, Statement of Purpose, Written Ability Test, GD and performance in Personal Interview (PI).
- The GD-PI-WAT will take place at Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Manipal.
Key Components of Final Selection at TAPMI
Candidates those who fulfill the TAPMI Manipal Cutoff 2019 will be getting the shortlist call for the WAT round. TAPMI conducts the Written Ability Test (WAT) to evaluate the written capabilities of prospective students. WAT aims to evaluate articulation and technical skills of the applicant.
Group Discussions (GD) at TAPMI aims to evaluate the ability of the applicant to interact within the group. GD aims at evaluating the applicant’s skills in the areas of Leadership, Problem Solving, Solution Orientation, Persuasion, and Communication.
TAPMI Manipal will be conducting Personal Interview to understand the applicant’s attitude towards management education. This round evaluates the applicant’s ability in terms of Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Leadership, and Communication.
Programme-wise TAPMI Intake 2019-21
TAPMI Manipal has a sanctioned intake of around 470 students. The programme wise intake is as follows:
|Program||Indian Domiciled||NRI||CIWG||PIO / Foreign National|
|PGDM – BKFS||60||–||–||–|
|PGDM – HR||35||–||–||–|
|PGDM – MSM||35||–||–||–|
PGDM Fee Structure
The programme fees payable for different PGDM programmes at TAPMI Manipal is as under:
|Programme||Programme Fee (Rs. in Lakhs)|
Over the years, TAPMI has recorded consistently high placements. The T. A. Pai Management Institute has achieved 100% placement for its largest batch of 468 students with a higher average salary which has gone up to Rs.10.60 lakhs as against Rs. 10.10 lakhs last year. T. A. Pai Management Institute, known as TAPMI, located in the student city of Manipal, Karnataka established in the year 1980. The PGDM programmes at TAPMI offers a good learning experience.