On popular demand we bring to you in this article the TAPMI Manipal Placement Report 2016 as well as the analysis from what will be the possibly correct figures to ensure all the MBA Aspirants are able to take an informed decision.
TAPMI Manipal Placement Report 2016
Highlights of TAPMI Manipal Placement Report
- 428 students appeared for Placements
- Average Annual CTC of INR 9.24 lpa
- No Median Quoted
- 88 Different Profiles offered
- Highest Domestic offer of INR 21 lpa, offered by Flipkart – followed by INR 18 lpa offered by Microsoft and INR 17.5 lpa offered by Amazon
Banking and Financial Services: Goldman Sachs, Citi Bank, HDFC, JPMC, ICICI Bank, Kotak Bank, Axis Bank, Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
Consulting: Deloitte, USI, KPMG, Ernst and Young, Grant Thorton, Axis Risk Consulting, IBM
Media and Telecommunication: Zee Entertainment, Times Group, Radio Mirchi, Aircel, Idea
FMCG and Consumer Groups: Godrej and Boyce, Titan, Amul, Wipro Consumer Lighting, Wildcraft, DELL
Pharma and Healthcare: GSK, Practo, NMC Healthcare, Apollo Hospital, Manipal Medical Group, Dr. Agrawal’s Eye Hospital
E-Commerce: Flipkart, Amazon, Apps Daily
Automobile, Manufacturing and Logistics: DHL, Robert Bosche, General Motors, Tata Motors, eClerx, International Paper
Career Anna insights
On Average Annual CTC
Clearly inflated. Minimum discount of 10% needed. However, as per some students, average is not more than 8.25 lpa. Point to also mention that good number of companies offered packages between 7 to 9 lpa.
On Median CTC
Median of the batch is not more than 8 lpa as per students – identities cannot be disclosed.
On Number of Profiles mentioned
Media cell seems to have started using the word profile and designations inter-changeably.
To join TAPMI Manipal or Not
- For Finance – Yes, you can join TAPMI Manipal. Decent profiles when it comes to Finance.
- Marketing and Consulting – Strict No – Not much of reputed companies compared to other colleges in the same league and with hardly any premier or Tier 1 FMCG visiting the campus for any of the ’88’ profiles mentioned
- IT – Yes, you can join TAPMI Manipal – though the report has underplayed the placements in IT
- E-Commerce and Startups – Institutes remains far from being the preferred choice seeing the way these days start ups are bullish on reputed B Schools.