TAPMI Manipal Review: Your own most trusted and No.1 MBA Platform when it comes to credibility among MBA Aspirants and Alumni of top B-Schools, Career Anna, brings to you the flagship B-School Profile Series. We earlier brought to you Best MBA in Finance Colleges in India and Best MBA Colleges in Marketing. On popular demand, today we bring to you TAPMI Manipal review by putting a comprehensive picture of the institute highlighting the pros and cons against different heads and concluding finally with Career Anna recommendation about the institute.
TAPMI’s faculty are highly experienced teachers and they bring a world of knowledge from the industry. Most of the faculty remain accessible, beyond the classroom. The institute has a decent student-faculty ratio at an overall level.
Minimal representation of General Management & Entrepreneurship in faculty profiles unlike top B-schools of the country where these two are among key focus areas.
- 42 acre green residential Wi-Fi-enabled campus with air-conditioned classrooms in Manipal.
- The library is centrally air-conditioned three floored independent building and has a seating capacity of 120.
- The electronic resources include Audio/Video Cassettes, CDs/DVDs and online/offline databases such as EBSCO business source Complete, Proquest ABI Inform global, ISI Emerging Markets, CRISIL Industry Analysis, NCTI trade-info, CMIE Prowess, CapEx & EIS.
- State of the art Finance lab equipped with Bloomberg terminals and supported by a data feed from BSE and NSE.
Remote location reduces the industry exposure and opportunities for live projects/weekend projects.
TAPMI Manipal Fees
TAPMI offers high-quality education at an affordable cost amounting INR 14 Lacs and falls in the median fee range of top B-Schools of the country.
TAPMI Manipal Placements
TAPMI Placement Review: Strong Points
- 52 Pre Placement Offers were received by the students from the organizations where they pursued their Summer Placements.
- The Average CTC offered during placement 2019 goes up at 11.06 LPA compared to the last year which is not a bad figure but definitely low when compared to the top 20 B-schools of the country.
- ROI has gone up as compared to the previous years.
TAPMI Placement Review: Weak Points
- Average annual CTC mentioned in the placement report also includes the international placements and hence could be a major misguidance.
- No Tier 1 FMCG company or International Bank visits the campus for placement which is a set back for marketing and finance enthusiasts.
- Banks and technology companies visiting the campus do not offer a role which is offered at top B-schools of the country, majorly a secondary role or backend role is offered.
TAPMI Manipal Review: Admission Process
TAPMI adopts a two-stage process for admitting candidates:
- Valid CAT/XAT/GMAT scores are mandatory pre-requisites to qualify for the admission process consisting of WAT / Personal Interviews or other evaluation components the institute deems fit.
- Based on profiles of the applicants, scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT and academic excellence, work experience, extra-curricular and statement of purpose, candidates are short-listed and invited to participate in the subsequent TAPMI Admissions Process. Final Selection will be based on overall performance in the TAPMI Admissions Process.
Cutoff for CAT and XAT is not high and as per trends, if you are above 85 percentile in CAT/XAT, you may expect a call easily; unless there is some huge setback in academics like an uncleared backlog.
Career Anna Recommendation
TAPMI Rankings 2018-19
TAPMI Manipal is certainly among the top 3 MBA College options which Career Anna recommends to students, after List A Colleges (IIMs, XLRI, FMS, MDI, NITIE, SPJIMR) and among top 6 MBA College options across CAT, XAT, SNAP and NMAT colleges (apart from List A colleges).
College has a pretty good RoI in terms of placements, profiles and learning experience. Thus, TAPMI Manipal gets a thumbs up from Career Anna Team.
Career Anna gives 7 out of 10 rating to TAPMI Manipal.