TISS GD Preparation: TISSNET 2019 Results have been declared and candidates have been reportedly getting calls for the subsequent selection rounds. Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) regulates the entire TISSNET 2019 Selection Procedure. The selection rounds will begin in the month of March 2019. Candidates who obtain the minimum cutoff marks and secure a place in the merit list are eligible to participate in these selection rounds.
TISSNET Selection Procedure 2019 comprises of three main stages/ deciding factors:
- National Entrance Test (TISSNET): TISSNET 2019 which was held on January 13, 2019.
- Pre-Interview Test (PIT)/ Group Discussion (GD): All candidates who qualify the Cutoff appear in the PIT (written test) /GD process.
- Personal Interview (PI): This final stage requires the shortlisted candidates to appear in the interview round.
Post completion of all three selection stages, the final result containing the names of selected candidates will be released on April 22, 2019, on tiss.edu. On the basis of this merit list, candidates will be offered admissions in M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H courses at TISS. In this article, we bring to you TISS GD Preparation Topics and Selection Process 2019.
TISS 2019: Important Dates
|TISSNET Result Date||February 4, 2019|
|Pre-Interview Test / Personal Interview at Mumbai Campus for programs offered at Mumbai and BALM, Chennai Campuses||March 5 – 15, 2019|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Hyderabad for all the Hyderabad Campus programs||March 25 – 28, 2019|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Guwahati for all the Guwahati Campus programs||April 1 – 4, 2019|
|Announcement of Selection for all the programs||April 22, 2019|
|Original Document Verification and Payment of Course Fees||April 24 – May 2019|
|Announcement of First Wait List on TISS website for all Programmes||May 14, 2019|
|Original Document Verification and Payment of Course Fees||May 16 – 24, 2019|
|Closing of Admissions 2019 for Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati, and BALM, Chennai Campuses||June 8, 2019|
|Commencement of Academic session (2019-20)||June 10, 2019|
TISS GD Preparation Topics
Following are a list of topics for TISS GD Preparation:
- Should emotions play an important role in negotiations for an HR professional?
- The problem of the Public Health System in India.
- Role of India and China Economy in the World Economy.
- Problems of Workers in Unorganized Sector.
- Judicial Activism in the context of development.
- Honor Killing.
- Right to Livelihood or Child Labor?
- Influence of Media.
- Will Mobile Banking replace Internet Banking?
- Encouraging Entrepreneurship in India.
- Violence against Women.
- India needs more Implementers than Planners.
- Justice delayed is Justice denied.
- Implementation of Aadhaar Card.
- Privatization of Higher Education.
- Entrepreneurship for the poor. Is it a choice or force on them?
- Gross National Happiness – Is it not the true measure of happiness?
- Whether the Health Policy is evidence-based.
- CSR – A myth?
- Private Health Insurance in India – Advantage and Disadvantage.
- Privatization of Hospitals or Privatization of Education in Medical Colleges.
- Industrialization vs Environmental concerns or Coalition Governments in India.
- Increasing Corruption cases and their consequences and measures to control.
- How to tackle Extremism in India.
- Overcrowding and other problems in Public Hospitals.
- The rising cost of Medicines is affecting the common people.
- Global Warming: Reality or Myth.
- Indian Judicial System: From here to where.
- T-20 vs other forms of cricket.
- Developed countries vs Underdeveloped countries.
- Is HR a cost center or profit center in India?
- Beauty vs Brain.
- Coca Cola and Pepsi should be driven out of India.
- Parental Control in stopping abusive language used by children these days.
- Globalization is a mixed blessing for the youth of today.
TISSNET 2019 Selection Stages
- As discussed above, there are three main stages in the TISSNET 2019 Selection Procedure/ Counselling that decides the final selection of candidates.
- All three stages carry a total of 225 marks. The weightage for TISSNET, PIT and PI is 40%, 30%, and 30% respectively.
- The first round of entrance test carries the most weightage while the next two rounds carry equal weightage in the Selection Process.
TISSNET Pre-Interview Test/ Group Discussion
Candidates who get shortlisted post-TISSNET 2019, are invited for the subsequent round of Pre-Interview Test / Group Discussion. In this round, students are required to participate in a Written Test or GD, depending on the institute. Eligibility for the Pre-Interview Test is as follows:
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done on the basis of TISSNET 2019 Merit List
- TISSNET 2019 Cutoff marks are decided by the Institute at a later stage
- The second round will be conducted in Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Guwahati at the institute’s respective campuses.
TISSNET Personal Interview
- The final round of the TISSNET 2019 Selection Process is the Personal Interview (PI).
- Candidates who have been selected in the Pre-Interview Test or Group Discussion are eligible for this round.
- Candidates are expected to be acquainted with the programme for which they have applied.
- Questions regarding the programme they have applied for may be asked during the Personal Interview (PI).
Centers for PIT/PI
- It is important for applicants to note that the second and third rounds of the selection process for the courses at campuses of Mumbai, Tuljapur, MHAT, Banyan, and Ranchi will take place at the Mumbai Campus.
- For the programmes offered at Hyderabad and Guwahati campuses, the PIT/PI will be at the respective campuses.
- Candidates applying for programmes at more than one campus will have to travel to these places for PIT/PI.
TISSNET 2018 Merit List
The following things play a major role in the preparation of the TISSNET 2018 Merit List:
- The weightage for TISSNET, PIT and PI for General as well as for Reserved Category candidates.
- Preparation of merit list is on the basis of merit scores and the preferences chosen while filling TISSNET Application Form by the candidates.