XIMB Summer Internship Placements 2019: The Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, concluded its Summer Internship Placement Process for the MBA-BM batch of 2018-2020. The batch saw 364 students being successfully placed. Highest Stipend rose to Rs. 3.2 lakhs, Median Stipend offered was Rs. 60,000 and the Average Stipend recorded was Rs. 71,000 respectively, which is 17% higher than the previous years.’
The Xavier University, Bhubaneswar (XUB), identifies as a quality university providing quality education to students from across the globe. The Xavier University came into being with the Government of Odisha passing the Xavier University Act in 2013. Notably, XUB inherits the legacy of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB), a premier management institute of the country.
Flagship programme, MBA-Business Management (BM) offered by XIMB is designed to prepare professionals for careers in management in the corporate sector. BM offers specialisation in Finance, Marketing, Systems and Analytics, Operations, Strategic and General Management.
XIMB Summer Internship Placements 2019: Key highlights
- MBA-BM Batch 2018-2020: 364 students
- Number of participating companies: 91
- Average Stipend for the top quartile: Rs. 1.5 lakhs
- Internship ratio came around to 21% in Manufacturing, 16% in FMCG and 18% in IT/ITES/Analytics, 19% in Consulting, 19% in BFSI and the remaining 7% was for other different sectors.
- Diverse batch of students witnessed, with 49% students having previous work experience in the IT/ITES, 8% in Consulting, 12% in Analytics, 19% in Manufacturing and 4% in BFSI.
- Average work experience of these students comprised of 18.9 months and contained 82% students with graduation in B.E./B.Tech., 3% in B.A., 7% in B.Com.
- Gender ratio of the MBA-BM Batch 2018-2020: 32% females and 68% males.
- Sector-wise student placement saw 7% of the batch placed in Operations, 19% in IT/ITES/Analytics, 12% in BFSI, 40% in FMCG, 11% in Consulting and 10% in miscellaneous sectors.
XIMB Summer Internship Placements 2019: Stream-wise placement
XIMB, continuing its spectacular legacy of offering fantastic placements across all its sectors. Students managed to perform at par despite the ever-increasing competition between students, garnering roles from numerous premier organizations and continuing to build on the trust that corporate India bestows on XIMB.
The Marketing domain was the most preferred profile for most students, with Consulting and Finance close on heels.
XIMB Summer Internship Placements 2019: Average work-experience of MBA-BM Batch 2018-20
The Average Work-experience of MBA-BM Batch of 2018-20 was around 19 months. Notably, there were students amassing heavy prior work-experience, even above 36 months and 48 months respectively.
|Less than 12 months||10%|
|12 to 24 months||17%|
|24 to 36 months||25%|
|36- 48 months||13%|
|48 months and more||4%|
XIMB Summer Internship Placements 2019: Sector-wise work experience of Batch 2018-20
XIMB Summer Internship Placements 2019: Top Recruiters
Top recruiters included Deloitte, Mi, Boeing, RBS, Bharat Petroleum, Capgemini, ICICI, HSBC, TATA Steel, Boston Scientific, CRISIL, Siemens, Dalmia, Donear, Loreal, Wildcraft, Fujitsu, Nestle, Titan, Hero, Danfoss, PwC, Asian Paints, Lenskart, BD, Cognizant, Brillio, Diageo, United Health Group, Reliance Brands, Emami, Tiger Analytics, Reckitt Benckiser, Ultratech Cement.
About the Xaviers Institute of Management (XIMB)
XIMB, a 30 years old business school of global repute is the Flagship School of Xavier University. Offering MBA in Business Management, Global Management and Executive programs, XIMB strives to be a premier institute globally recognized for management education, training, research, and consulting that helps build a just and humane society. The Institute today has become widely recognized for its excellence in imparting management education. It is counted among the leading management institutions in the country.
About Xavier University, Bhubaneswar (XUB)
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar (XUB) was established in accordance with the Xavier University Act 2013 and was inaugurated on the 7th of July 2014.
- XUB is India’s first digital University and an institution of higher learning for imparting professional and technical education. It is a self-financing institution imparting professional and technical education.
- XUB has 9 Schools that offer world-class education in different fields. XIMB offers an MBA in Business Management, Global Management and Executive programs.
- Xavier School of Human Resource Management offers the MBA-HRM program.
- MBA-RM is offered by the Xavier School of Rural Management, MBF- Master of Business Finance by Xavier School of Commerce, MBA-SM by Xavier School of Sustainability and MBA-UMG by Xavier Center of Urban Management and Governance. The Xavier School of Sustainability, Xavier School of Commerce, Xavier Center of Urban Management and Governance, Xavier School of Economics, Xavier School of Computer Science and Engineering, and the Xavier School of Communications offer different postgraduate and undergraduate programs.